DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure if my Mavic 2 + Goggles RE short range problem is fixed or not...

Macabre

Reactions
I went out today to test one last time before sending them back. This time I climbed something that felt like the Himalayas, turned around and sent my drone away. It was just outside the city so there was some network congestion.
However, I got to 2.1km with my Goggles RE before I had to turn back because I hit the no-fly zone. They were working fine. But even though I was flying over a city, there was nothing between me and the drone to block the signal.
I tried the same route without the antenna and it got to less than 800m before the dreaded signal loss. So at least in my case, that antenna is a must (even though people claim the antenna is not needed).

Last time I did this test, I could get to 1.2km with trees between me. But mostly around 400-800m distance.
The annoying part is that I know my drone can go further without the Goggles, so instead do them just disconnecting and leaving my drone alone, the goggles are freezing everything! Endangering my drone is a big problem.

The blocking signal does not have to between you and the drone. The signal can be off to the side and be received stronger than the drone's signal. The blocking signal could even be behind you. Knowing radio wave propagation helps. You should study up on that. SEE BELOW.

RADIO WAVE PROPAGATION

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851