DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure what to do! Is it the gimbal board or something else.

Freesigner

Reactions
Hi everyone... if anyone as read my previous posts, you’ll see that I mentioned about having gimbal issues. The gimbal does not rotate at all or move when starting up. I tried everything you can think of but still nothing. I contact DJI and they said to ship it for repair, I’ve done this and now they are saying that the gimbal board and damping module will be replaced. Upon looking at many videos and hearing different things about DJI how can I be sure. I’m a new pilot, so what do I know. But if something move at all than there is a problem, first thought that I had was maybe the ribbon cable. I have not yet replied to DJI to pay for the repair. As I am debating whether to use DJI care refresh or just pay. The charge to repair is £73 and to pay and use DJI care refresh will be £79. I’m not sure what to do?

you want us to second guess DJI?they have the drone and they know what's wrong with it

Just spend the money, they have given you a very good price, you could spend hours of frustration and cash trying to fix it yourself.
Personally, I enjoy the challenge of problem solving, and fixing stuff, but in this case I would just tell DJI to get on with it.

I am not asking anyone to second guess, I’m just curious and at the same time I’m new to the drone world. So as this is my 1st drone I wanted to put this to other Mavic pilots to get everyone’s view and opinion. I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of where fellow pilots have had problems with DJI, and also on this app or website. So I just thought I’d ask.

Yes! I am thinking of just paying and saving the refresh.

I am not asking anyone to second guess, I’m just curious and at the same time I’m new to the drone world. So as this is my 1st drone I wanted to put this to other Mavic pilots to get everyone’s view and opinion. I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of where fellow pilots have had problems with DJI, and also on this app or website. So I just thought I’d ask.

Yes! I am thinking of just paying and saving the refresh.
DJI have given you a very good quote, you may not get back your original MP, but it will have been tested and will be OK.
DJI have seriously improved their customer relationship, IMHO, just do it, you have a seriously good quote for the repair, bite their hand off before they change their mind.
I have been flying DJI stuff for 4 years, just pay the money, get your kit back, and get flying again.

Reactions: Freesigner

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu