DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not the best first drone experience

delazon

Reactions
Hello there!

Im a first time drone owner and i got the Mavic Mini with the fly more combo yesterday on launch day. Super happy i got the one and only in stock in my town. :)

But the excitment was and the duzz was short lived. After i charged every battery, controller and read the start up guide it was time to fire it up. I realieze its a complex machine and it takes some time to get things going but i started to get worried when this messeges keepes popping up in the app over and over again after restart after restart and even after firmware upgrades and re-flashing of firmware.

I didtn get the propellers turning one second. And i couldnt do the IMU calibration as well. When i start up the calibration nothing happens when i tap the start button. See the images i attach too this post.

I contacted DJI support on facebook and they told me i needed a replacement. ****. i just want to fly! Now im not shure if i want it at all. If it is this difficult to get things running maybe i should wait for later versions. Or what have you guys to say about it?

Error Mavic Mini.jpg

i just want to fly! Now im not shure if i want it at all. If it is this difficult to get things running maybe i should wait for later versions. Or what have you guys to say about it?
It doesn't matter what you guys have to say about it.
You had a spot of bad luck and out of hundreds of thousands DJI are shipping, you got a defective one that needs to be replaced.
It has nothing to do with early versions. It could happen with anything.

You had a spot of bad luck and out of hundreds of thousands DJI are shipping, you got a defective one that needs to be replaced.
Thanks for the reply. I will get it an other shot. The trouble is to get one. No one has them in stock. I was super lucky to get the one and only in stock in my town LOL. :) And its broken ;)

I understand the disappointment but don't let it put you off, the rewards you will get are worth the hassle of a replacement.

how, in the name of God, is possible that out of the box drone can be broken so badly? bad batch for almost 400 euros? absolute joke

It's really easy to get a bad example. People have faulty phones, cameras, CARS ( Mod Removed Langage)even "new" houses can have a list of faults. This looks like its just a bad example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dannick
Most likely all the wires on the main board are not plugged in. Every company had bad batches. They do not QC check every one off the line. It's done in batches. Much as it sucks. Get DJI to replace it.

how, in the name of God, is possible that out of the box drone can be broken so badly? bad batch for almost 400 euros? absolute joke
Interesting. Of all the things you may have purchased in your life, you have been fortunate enough to have never had something you needed to return because of an imperfection? Others may not be as fortunate as yourself.
Real world production techniques can be flawed and those percentages are calculated in production costs.

Interesting. Of all the things you may have purchased in your life, you have been fortunate enough to have never had something you needed to return because of an imperfection? Others may not be as fortunate as yourself.
Real world production techniques can be flawed and those percentages are calculated in production costs.
yup, it never happened to me ...oh it did, once..it was a toy from Kinder Surprise for ONE euro :)
..if it happened paying as much money, I'd take full refund and never come back
anyways, MM seem to be a rushed half-finished product to get it out just in time before 11.11 sales on Chinese websites and Black Friday

My first Phantom 4 standard has a direct return due to gimbal problems. DJI replaced it and comp me a little extra for the month wait.

I have now got a reply from DJI support and replacement form has been filled and the process is under going. How long does these replacements take?

By the way, i did come across a case yesterday that was identical with my errors. Exactly the same error messeges and the lack of possibility to do a IMU calibration. The conclusion from the support rep. on the DJI forum was replacement. The scenario of rushing these things to market before blackfriday and 11/11 seems resonable.

Reactions: crosswired
and just how long will the OP have to wait for a replacement, My ship date is mid December

I have now got a reply from DJI support and replacement form has been filled and the process is under going. How long does these replacements take?

By the way, i did come across a case yesterday that was identical with my errors. Exactly the same error messeges and the lack of possibility to do a IMU calibration. The conclusion from the support rep. on the DJI forum was replacement. The scenario of rushing these things to market before blackfriday and 11/11 seems resonable.
My MPP replacement after a crash took 10 days... FWIW I submitted on a Friday evening.

...well, grab money and fix later...

Bad batch could and often does happen.
I tried to return my wife, but the warranty period had expired.
I traded mine in once for a younger model - and talk about a process costing a LOT of money ?

• Love
Reactions: Rockycat
I traded mine in once for a younger model - and talk about something costing a LOT of money ?
As Johnnie Taylor once sang, "That's why it's cheaper to keep her..."

• Love
Reactions: crosswired
yup, it never happened to me ...oh it did, once..it was a toy from Kinder Surprise for ONE euro :)
..if it happened paying as much money, I'd take full refund and never come back
anyways, MM seem to be a rushed half-finished product to get it out just in time before 11.11 sales on Chinese websites and Black Friday
Goes back to the saying “never say never”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka