DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not use to Mavic style controller, questions...

gnuPilot

Reactions
I upgraded from a Spark to Air and I was wondering, the little slider that goes over phone cable (lightning in my case) seems useless because the cable pops out because I have a case on my iPhone. Do people leave those in?

I normally used my iPad Mini 4 with a Mavmount 2.0 (will be getting 3.0 next week). Is there a longer microUSB-to-lightning cable which can be used when you use a tablet?

Apparently my 128gb Lexar sd card is “slow”. Is there a preferred faster card since the Air records higher resolutions/bit rate?

Thanks!

The square part has to be aligned with the end of the cable provided. You can use any USB (It is not a micro like Spark) to lightning cable for your iPad, most people buy a shorter one. You can fit the iPad Mini in the holders but most use a tablet holder.

Quick Start Manual - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf

Here are the recommended cards...
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.17.39 PM✨.png

Reactions: gnuPilot
Disengage the cable from the side of the RC and use the USB port underneath. Polar Pro and others make a 30cm cable that works fine.

While I will try my IPhone X I normaly use an Ipad Mini4. I found some short cables and plug them into the bottom of the controller.

Disengage the cable from the side of the RC and use the USB port underneath. Polar Pro and others make a 30cm cable that works fine.

So I could actually just use a normal lightning cable if I wanted?

The square part has to be aligned with the end of the cable provided. You can use any USB (It is not a micro like Spark) to lightning cable for your iPad, most people buy a shorter one. You can fit the iPad Mini in the holders but most use a tablet holder.

Quick Start Manual - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf

Here are the recommended cards...
View attachment 30159

I didn’t see Samsung on that list but I was wondering if this might be worth a shot?

Samsung 128GB EVO+ UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card MB-MC128GA/AM B&H

You can use a normal lightning cable or get a short one so it is not hanging in the way. I would post a picture but Photo Bucket raised their prices by ten times.

the little slider that goes over phone cable (lightning in my case) seems useless because the cable pops out because I have a case on my iPhone. Do people leave those in?
I popped the little slider out and then connected a 90 degree Lightning cable to the bottom USB port like this:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I advise you to get a short right angle lighting cable like msinger. It makes a world of difference holding the remote (mavmount).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom