Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NOTAM's

OralndoMavic

Reactions
I'm seeing with airmap that I have NOTAM's as follows:

GPS/GNESS Notice: Gnss area wide operations
(NOTAM KZJX A518)

It seems to be related to the GPS system. Can anyone put it into layman's terms. Thanks

GNSS actually refers to all 'GPS' systems, worldwide e.g. GPS, GLONASS, Galileo etc Would certainly be interesting to know!

There are loads of NOTAM search tools: check out: NOTAM - Wikipedia

There isn't enough information to find it, but its from Jacksonville Center, KZJX.
"Centers" handle the higher altitude FR traffic, well out of drone operator interest.
There is no existing NOTAM in the data base from them with that number, and only one GPS NOTAM from them which isn't applicable.

If there was a GPS issue, it would be all over the NOTAMS.

Thanks, there are dates and times attached to this (these) Notams which expire. There were six of these posted in air map when I checked my air space. Over the last year I had not seen this type of Notam. I think i will contact the nearest ATC for further information. Thanks to all

I see these in airmap as well. Must be a bug as I tried to look them up and they are not in the FAA's system. I just got a Mavic air and live in Windermere.

Hello, just spoke with Orlando ATC manager. She said without seeing the full Notam she would not be able to answer positively however it was most likely sent out due to solar flares affecting the GPS system. So I guess if we're flying we need to be aware we may lose or satellite GPS

Don't worry about losing GPS from solar flares.
The airlines monitor this stuff on a daily basis in a very detailed manner.
Never lost it yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll