DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Note 9 won't connect to my RC

uscrugbyno1

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and after 4 hours I just found out my phone is not supported. I have a Samsung note 9. I tried my wife's Iphone and the app connects to the drone flawlessly. I have tried debugging setting in the Note. I have also tried a few different cables and the USB at the bottom of the RC. When I connect it to the RC, the phone powers up, but for some reason does not sync. Any ideas on how to get my Note 9 to communicate with the RC?

If you use the bottom port, make sure none of the included short cables are plugged into the side. If you do, the bottom port will provide power, but not data. Drove me nuts figuring that out.

Note 9 should work. After all, it still works with S20 updated to Android 10 and N9 isn't that old.

If you use the bottom port, make sure none of the included short cables are plugged into the side. If you do, the bottom port will provide power, but not data. Drove me nuts figuring that out.

Note 9 should work. After all, it still works with S20 updated to Android 10 and N9 isn't that old.

Yes, I have only the bottom USB cable plugged in. Does not work. =[

Yes, I have only the bottom USB cable plugged in. Does not work. =[
Welcome to the forum Danman, I have the Air 2 and have the same phone, Note 9 and my DJI fly app works without any issues, did you give all permissions? Try going into the app info and under storage and clear cache and data, remove app and try installing it again and see if it ask for permission(s) again and allow. Not sure if that is the problem but might be a solution(?). Good luck.

Welcome to the forum Danman, I have the Air 2 and have the same phone, Note 9 and my DJI fly app works without any issues, did you give all permissions? Try going into the app info and under storage and clear cache and data, remove app and try installing it again and see if it ask for permission(s) again and allow. Not sure if that is the problem but might be a solution(?). Good luck.
DJI Go 4 is the app I am using.

I just cleared all Cache, uninstalled then reinstalled and still the same result.

Sorry, I did think you were also on the Air 2, my bad. Hope it will be fixed for you soon.

I've been a member since 2018, and even longer on PhantomPilots.

I saw someone in a Note 9 user group said their charging port needed repairs and sent it into Samsung and then it worked with the app / RC / Drone.

I saw someone in a Note 9 user group said their charging port needed repairs and sent it into Samsung and then it worked with the app / RC / Drone.
Or a cleaning. Some have had their samsungs tell them there's moisture in the port. Once they cleaned the port, it worked.
One test you could do is connect the N9 to your PC and see if you can access files on the N9 from your PC.

Have you tried a phone that has Android 8 or 9? Samsung phones with A10 don't seem to work. My S20U and S9 don't work but my S7 works great

Have you tried a phone that has Android 8 or 9? Samsung phones with A10 don't seem to work. My S20U and S9 don't work but my S7 works great

No, I only have one droid phone that works. I don't know how to install specific versions of android. I only install what is being pushed to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo