DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

note to folks sending in their drones

New England Droning

Reactions
I had an issue after my last flight where my mini 2 wouldn't turn off and when I got it turned off, would not turn on. (no crashes)
I went through DJI and they sent a PPL allowing me to drop it off with UPS and a couple of weeks later (today I just got it back... But!

First: Overall a great experience, didn't cost me a thing. but I made the mistake of sending it with the skins (bright orange) and they sent back a brand new drone with a new serial number. So maybe the skins can be taken off but I'm not sure of that. so I have to order a new skin. So lesson learned don't send a drone in with skins on it.

:)

Last edited:
No skins cannot be reused

Reactions: New England Droning
I didn't think so either and so I ordered a new set of skin from decal girl I just thought people (newbies) like me should be aware that you will lose your skin or velcro if you send it in for maintenance and they send you back a new drone as a replacement.
This is not a complaint just a heads up...

That's correct, most skins cannot be reused.
Also there is a paragraph somewhere stating to send just the drone and nothing else.
I didn't send the gimble cover (the object was to replace the whole drone, and they sent me a new drone and a new better gimble cover with a rubber insert to protect and stop the scratches on the top of the gimble that were a problem on the M2Ps.

Reactions: New England Droning
They didn't really tell me anything except here is your PPL send it back and we'll contact a few days after they get it. I knew to take the msd card out and since a battery was causing issues I sent that in as well. I wasn't really thinking they would toss they old one and send a new one. But it doesn't matter that they did because even if I knew, the skin couldn't be removed and placed on the replacement. It's only $22 and it get written off as a business expense.
All is good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa