DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now im really scared

sunny1

Reactions
"Was going to jump into buying a mavic in the next 2 weeks or so. and now I'm worried. After reading all the problems people are having with this complex little machine and the anguish people must go though I think I may change my mind. I was so looking forward to get into this and now I am having second thoughts. In Canada Best buy wont even take returns even if its defective. And it sounds like DJI has a lot of problems in general. With apps, trying to get tablets and phones to work, Drones coming out of the box defective. Just not sure. My heart says one thing and my brain says another" Well I just jumped in. I bought a Mavic alpine white today now I just need to wait. Got it at the DJI store. I'm from Canada it is a good deal even with the 20% exchange rate, no taxes no duty. I'll let you all know how it turns out. :)

You'll love it, don't let all the negative stories scare you, I've had no issues with mine for almost 6 months that I've had it.

Just read as much as possible on setting it up, and if you've never flown then check youtube for Mavic video's for beginners.

Enjoy it !

Reactions: Clinton1
A large number of the people who post on the forum are having one issue or another. If you compare that number of people to the total number of Mavic Pro owners I would wager that it is less than 1% total. This will create the bias that you cite.

Most of the "horror" stories you see on here are Pilot Error. As said earlier, read the manual, understand the manual and watch the many online videos on how to safely fly this marvel of technology. It is truly amazing.

Congrats on the purchase. Forums usually start out with some good experiences but almost always people will post on a forum if something bad happens. Most of the problems is with human error anyways. Its like driving a car, you visually and audibly inspect a car involuntarily everytime you get in it, when something doesn’t sound right you take it to a service center or you check it out. When you drive it you are giving yourself enough room for error and taken into considerations the surroundings you adjust you speed.

Well flying the mavic is the exact same. Try to keep the mavic insight untill you are confortable with the controls and the test all the functions on the actual remote controller and then “dji go”. I would even recommend disconnecting the phone after take off, and try to bring it back home and land the MP. Even disconnecting the phone/tablet and reconnecting mid flight would also be good, it just gets you familiar with what options you have in case of emergencies.

I’ll stop the blabbering. Safe flying and i hope you have a great time with the MP

You're right in the fact that the Mavic is a very "complex machine" controlled by an app containing a wealth of information and settings. Combine that with the fact that many people are buying it as their first drone, and flying it right out of the box without any studying of the manual or what to do in an emergency or unexpected situation, and that's where many problems begin. To your other points, most phones will work just fine, if yours does not there are ways to overcome that. Yes, some Mavics are bad out of the box, that's just the way Chinese products are. It's better that you ordered yours from DJI; now you'll have time to be excited about it and read through the manual a few times and start to learn before you fly.

I posted this on a different thread, but I think it's totally relevant here:

This forum has 40,000+ members. Most people that post here do so because they have a question or problem. Not many people join the forum and take the time to sign on and post, "Everything is working great."
There was a poll done some months ago here on this forum, like a simple, "Are you happy with your mavic? Would you buy it again?" And I believe at the last count about 95% of the people said YES they were happy. And that doesn't even account for the thousands more mavic owners who don't even know about or use this forum.

I've had my mavic for almost a year (300+ flights) and I've never had any problems. The mavic has always performed 100% predictably and exactly as it was designed to. I crashed it good 1 time on my very first day because I was flying like an idiot and underestimated the stopping distance in sport mode. Luckily only prop damage. It survived an 80 foot drop with no other damage and still flies fine.

I still enjoy flying several times every week, weather permitting, just around my neighborhood with nothing to photograph. I was thinking about a 2nd mavic just to have a spare.

Don't let your decision to purchase be swayed by the percentage of people on this forum who have problems. That's like watching the evening news to see what a wonderful world we live in.

Can Mavic Pro be buggie at Times.?.......YES
just do what I have ..
If the issues are to hard to fly through at that time...
Land,Shut down,Change battery,Restart....It's just that easy....most of the time.!
and Yes............. you will crash thats part of the hobbie

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest