DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now What !!!

Knight48

Reactions
I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
Question is, do you think the iPad mini 5 will do the trick or ?
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.
What a ( Mod Removed)calamity man...

Last edited by a moderator:
The apps keep updating and the device requirements go up with them, if you buy a drone that runs on your current phone your'e going to be upgrading your phone in the near future anyway. So if you spend the 5-700 on mavic 2 plan to buy a new phone or tablet soon regardless. I don't use apple but everything I've read says the Ipad mini 5 works fine. I'm running the Fly app on a 4+ year old android tablet, but don't expect it work forever.

Yeh I hear ya ..
( Mod Removed )man

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock, Skipper,
Have you flown in 85-90 degree temps yet ?
I’m in Fla so maybe the black phone just got to hot’. I don’t know at this point .

I have been using an iPhone 6s Plus(daughters old phone) without issue on the air 2. I originally used my pro max but don’t fancy it sat on there in case I drop it! I would maybe try reloading the app and do updates again (if not already).

Too add if heat is an issue, maybe a sunscreen would help there. The iPhone 6s does get warm, that I did notice(not hot). But I am sure it use to anyway being an older battery etc.

very dim or completely black ? if it's the former, heat is the cause. It has happened to my iphone 11 pro.

If it's the latter, there may be some software problem. Try killing all other apps or turning off cache like suggested above.

I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.
Have you tried deleting & reinstalling the Fly app?

Just to add my voice......

I've been flying the MA2 so far with just my 6s Plus. Only issue I've noticed so far is it does tend to get warmer/hotter than usual (I understand this could be due to filming in 4k 60fps. I don't know).

As an aside, I do have an iPad Mini 5 arriving tomorrow, and we'll see how that works.

I have a 6s Plus, no sim, that works great on all DJI drones....

Started with my iPhone 11 Pro, but wanted a better view. Fly with an iPad Mini 5. Amazing clarity, and the DJI Fly app screen now provides the important data (battery level, etc.) in the black above the flight view. Typically cost $399, not cheap, but a huge jump in clarity.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143