DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Numerous Mavic Pro Issues After One Month - **UPDATE**

vidinew

Reactions
Hi everyone,

***UPDATE***
I've contacted DJI. They instructed me to try IMU re-calibration, Firmware update (continues to fail), Gimbal re-calibration (which I can't because the camera settings are unresponsive and the camera setting icon (camera with the horizontal line above it) is totally gone in the DJI GO 4 app.

Looks like I will have to send in for analysis. This seems, at this stage, like some seriously bad product quality.

I've owned my mavic pro now for around 5 weeks and in that time, I have experienced the following:

1) Aircraft Disconnected - Loss of image transmission to my phone (roughly every second flight)

2) Camera will no longer focus

3) Camera settings will not respond through DJI Go 4 app (I touch the settings and nothing happens in the app)

4) Camera gimbal is unresponsive to remote control dial input

5) Aircraft will not detect SD card which is present and has worked previously

6) Aircraft will not display camera settings on video screen in DJI GO 4

7) Camera flickers at regular intervals

8) Unable to install firmware update .0300

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy s8. I have tried using the USB port and OEM Samsung cable instead of the right-angle DJI cable.

I've made approximately 11 flights so far and although I did get start to get the Aircraft Disconnected notification on my first flight, the camera was fine up until I tried to use the mavic last weekend, I assumed I just needed to update.

The aircraft requested a vision sensor calibration which I conducted via DJI Assistant 2 last weekend also. The aircraft has not been dropped or crashed.

Apologies if this thread isn't in the right place but with this cocktail of issues, I wasn't able to find the answer elsewhere.

Can this even be fixed?

Many thanks, any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180210-175931.png
    Screenshot_20180210-175931.png
    956.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20180210-180611.png
    Screenshot_20180210-180611.png
    523.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20180210-180759.png
    Screenshot_20180210-180759.png
    753.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Same issue with unresponsive camera. The camera actually displays but out of focus, and has a choppy delay. DJI Go 4 or controller has no effect on camera - though it is willing to fly. Only the camera is unresponsive. Not yet resolved.
Other issues mentioned have come and gone and come again occasionally. I have purchased a new iPad (samsung TabA no longer compatible and pixelating).

Will post if I find a solution of course.

I was using a Galaxy Note 8 to begin with which I thought would be a great option, but then I was getting the alarming losses of connection, like nearly every flight, so I tried another phone which I picked up for 100 chf locally, a Moto G4, and that works like a charm; I've had one disconnect in about 130 flights since. Also I ditched the short cable immediately and only connect via the large USB connector on the base of the RC.

The Moto is completely empty (as much as poss anyhow) and dedicated solely to flying!

I get occasional gimbal madness and glitching but it settles down. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've only had mine nearly a month but flown it like mad, touch wood nothing serious yet!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder