DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Numpty calling!

Redvers

Reactions
Am still very much a beginner with an MA2 using IPhone7+ and have managed at least a dozen sorties. However, today noticed some screen interference not seen before. Best described as broad stripes of small black and white squares (chequered Flag type) in upper areas of screen. Didn't seem to compromise performance but am still intrigued. Anyone got any ideas?

Did it show in the recording (if recording at the time)? That will help in pointing in the direction of the issue
It COULD be the app and the device you are using. Did the Iphone get warm?
Turn off everything on the phone, only running the go app.

was it only in the sky areas, its called hatching and shows areas that are overexposed can be turned on and off in camera settings

Am still very much a beginner with an MA2 using IPhone7+ and have managed at least a dozen sorties. However, today noticed some screen interference not seen before. Best described as broad stripes of small black and white squares (chequered Flag type) in upper areas of screen. Didn't seem to compromise performance but am still intrigued. Anyone got any ideas?

Are you seeing the areas of the image that are overexposed? You can turn off the overexposure warning in the camera settings.

If that's not it, can you grab a screenshot?

IMG_0039.PNG

IMG_0040.PNG

IMG_0041.PNG

Did it show in the recording (if recording at the time)? That will help in pointing in the direction of the issue
It COULD be the app and the device you are using. Did the Iphone get warm?
Turn off everything on the phone, only running the go app.
Thanks for ideas. It didn't show in the recording and phone didn't get warm. Am wondering about overexposure warning idea I've been given. Could make sense as the corruption was only in the Sky

If you manually change the exposure, you will see the lines come and go. They are only telling you that your SD recording will be overexposed and to give you time to correct. No effect on flight, just film.

Reactions: old man mavic
Like the rest, I think you saw the overexposure hash marks. As in " I couldn't tell that I was over-exposed because I had these black and white lines all over the screen blocking my view"..:rolleyes:

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S