DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

mikeL

Reactions
Beford I spend the money - any advice on getting the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet for my Mavic when it arrives?

I know I will need an adaptor but it looks a good balance size wise to give a larger screen without blocking the view of the controller or being too bottom heavy?

I need something with hdmi output to mirror the camera feed to an external monitor for survey work.

Any other options or suggestions?

Cheers

Mike

Ditto, it has been flawless as I have used t to fly 3 P3A and 1 P3P. I plan to use it with my Mavic as well

Reactions: mikeL
Im going to use my Shield as well as my Ipad mini version 2 . Shield has less battery life for sure.
"In terms of battery life, Nvidia is claiming you'll get 10 hours watching/surfing the web and about five hours from gaming with its 19.75 Wh battery. This is up 3.75 Wh up from Google's Nexus 7 equivalent and from our experiential tests, we found those figures to be fairly accurate if not a best case scenario. It will pretty much last you all day, but you'll still want to let it sip juice every night." (techradar)

Last edited:
I have been looking at this as an alternative to my mobile phone as my Mavic display ....

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
Im going to use my Shield as well as my Ipad mini version 2 . Shield has less battery life for sure.

Oh and the Shield is noticeably heavier than my iPad Mini ver 2. Still not a deal breaker for use with the Mavic Pro. It will just not be as light in the hands.

I've both, but prefer nvidia.

One of the reasons, HDMI output...googles...

I was going to use my Air2, and may, but the Shield K1 is attractive for the spec's and the HDMI as well as the SD card memory expansion. Not to mention an easy method of screen recording. So I found one on eBay for $125 and will give it a go, I already have a HUB account for my Android TV.

I was going to use my Air2, and may, but the Shield K1 is attractive for the spec's and the HDMI as well as the SD card memory expansion. Not to mention an easy method of screen recording. So I found one on eBay for $125 and will give it a go, I already have a HUB account for my Android TV.

Please do report back and maybe load a few photos and videos of the screen capture ?

I am using a Nvidia shield 32gb LTE version and it's perfect for the Mavic! Allows me to use gps and cellular data if I want to and HDMI for my fatsharks.

I'd recommend getting one since it's basically a tablet with all the functionalities of a phone. Awesome for gaming too if you get the shield controller :p

I am using a Nvidia shield 32gb LTE version and it's perfect for the Mavic! Allows me to use gps and cellular data if I want to and HDMI for my fatsharks.

I'd recommend getting one since it's basically a tablet with all the functionalities of a phone. Awesome for gaming too if you get the shield controller :p

How about some photos and screen capture video of it in action ??

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Are you guys mounting the Nvidia shield to a tripod or to the controller? And how are you mounting it? Pics/photos please.

I'm highly considering purchasing this to use with my Mavic. I'm currently using my iphone 6, but would prefer a larger display.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I bought this one (the photo is with an Ipad Mini), very convenient with the Nvidia!
DJI MAVIC PAD

il_570xN.1060336540_3bps.jpg

Reactions: chazzm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR