DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield pairing with M2P trouble

haunx

Reactions
just got my M2P in and im able to use my Samsung Galaxy S7 and pair them with the double micro usb and usb 3.0 with micro usb adapter.

I bought a nvidia shield tablet so i can get a little more professional on the video / pics, but i have not been able to pair the two. Im almost ready to return the shield and get an ipad. I found Musing of a Man's video with every headache I'm having, but I guess I still dont understand what I'm doing wrong. also when connected to the tablet, the controller will cut in and out of connecting.

any help would be appreciated

just got my M2P in and im able to use my Samsung Galaxy S7 and pair them with the double micro usb and usb 3.0 with micro usb adapter.

I bought a nvidia shield tablet so i can get a little more professional on the video / pics, but i have not been able to pair the two. Im almost ready to return the shield and get an ipad. I found Musing of a Man's video with every headache I'm having, but I guess I still dont understand what I'm doing wrong. also when connected to the tablet, the controller will cut in and out of connecting.
Follow these instructions to hook up your tablet: Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help

Turn ON Developper USB.
Change cable.
Uninstall and reinstall a older version off APP
Try Litchi
That is a very nice tablet...and has a lot of power to handle the app.

That is a very nice tablet...and has a lot of power to handle the app.
The Nvidia Shield K1 came out in 2015 and was a great tablet back then (when the DJI app was a lot smaller).
It isn't really up to running the current app properly.
There are plenty of more modern tablets with faster processors and more RAM to run the app better nowdays.

I've used my K1Shield for my P3P, P4P and Mav 2 Pro over the past 5 years. Just make sure when you turn the controller then drone on, that when the popup appears to select DJIGO or LITCHI, select the one you want for JUST THIS TIME (once). Otherwise, the only issue I've experienced is that sometimes, on initial connection, Litchi will crash...but comes right back up on re-selection. No problems w/DJI GO. I always check for soft/firmware updates and install them as they come out.

The Nvidia Shield K1 came out in 2015 and was a great tablet back then (when the DJI app was a lot smaller).
It isn't really up to running the current app properly.
There are plenty of more modern tablets with faster processors and more RAM to run the app better nowdays.
Of course there is. But is perfect capable do it, even today...
User above confirm what i said.

i appreciate the recommendation of Litchi, but i dont think im going to spend 25 dollars at this point until I can get DJI4 to connect. i really believe the problem is with the tablet and it not understanding when I plug it until the controller, the usb needs to work with the DJI app. It doesnt know what to do what to do with that connection. When i look at the battery when plugged to a pc, it just says charging and i cant pick any options.

Turn your Shield on. Start your controller, then drone - let them initialize - then plug the controller cable into the Shield. Works every time for me.

Turn your Shield on. Start your controller, then drone - let them initialize - then plug the controller cable into the Shield. Works every time for me.

thanks for the response. I started the controller and drone up and gave them 2 mins to initialize. plugged the controller to tablet and im not seeing anything special. I hear the tablet making the 3 beeps, not sure if its the usb initializing or not. still not able to link via the DJI4 app. the controller was flashing connecting, but seems to be stable now. i do live a mile from an airport and the controller shows IN NFZ, but i was still able to connect DJI4 app on my phone to the controller on Monday night in the same part of my house.

The only other suggestion is to clear the cache of all other apps you have on your shield.

Thanks for the response. I reset the Shield and only had DJI4 app on there. I think its something with the USB and doesnt know what to do with the USB connection to the controller. Thinking about getting a new Ipad later today.

First of all, try a new USB cable before going out and buy a new tablet.

I am running Litchi and Go in parallel on the shield and it works absolutely fine. The only thing you need to be aware ist that Android always asks if the current application should be defaulted for this type of USB connection. If you hit "yes" once, you will be never asked again, but the other application will not be able to connect to the controller. (until you remove this default setting in App settings) Therefore always chose "just once"

First of all, try a new USB cable before going out and buy a new tablet.

I am running Litchi and Go in parallel on the shield and it works absolutely fine. The only thing you need to be aware ist that Android always asks if the current application should be defaulted for this type of USB connection. If you hit "yes" once, you will be never asked again, but the other application will not be able to connect to the controller. (until you remove this default setting in App settings) Therefore always chose "just once"

Ive tried the included micro usb to mirco usb and the usb to micro usb (with adapter). Neither work on shield. Same cords work on my phone

Ive gone to best buy and bought two different cords. Neither worked

Ive reset the shield 3 times now and never saw any messages for usb. If you know where i could reset that option, ill try it as i think thats the problem.

just an update. I bought an Ipad Air and it hooked up the first time. I will be returning the Shield. I think there was something wrong with the USB connection. thanks to everyone who commented and tried to help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus