DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NYS park - letchworth

Threshold

Reactions
So I was flying my drone to get footage for my brothers wedding. As I was taking off a lady came over and told me to put it down. She said she worked at the park and you need a permit to fly here. I respectfully acknowledged her request and put it down. I continued to ask her about any warnings, as there was none on the website and there wasn't any signs anywhere. She completely blew me off.

This is super frustrating to me as I am willing to comply. If these places want to put in regulations on drones, they need to have warning signs some where.

I know they can't ban drones since airspace is FAA jurisdiction. I would have to take off on property not owned by the state.

Maybe she doesn't work at the park, but just has a thing against drones. Best thing to do is to ring the parks department at the council, and check what regulations they have.

Maybe she doesn't work at the park, but just has a thing against drones. Best thing to do is to ring the parks department at the council, and check what regulations they have.
Flying drones in all Bristol parks is banned except for 3 where they have some space designated for flying. None of the other parks have notices. It's just mentioned on the council web site.

Does law requires them to carry NYS park employee ID? I think they should have some sort of ID and present it on demand. Otherwise it is simply another human being suffering of "droneranoia"...

Headed to Letchworth State Park next week. Online there are vague references to a drone permit being required when you do a google search. So I called the park. Yes drones are allowed to be flown at Letchworth......if you get approval from a park manager 10 days ahead of time and have 2 million dollars of insurance coverage. I won’t be flying.

Yeah...I had read the same in several places on the web about NYS parks being off limits. It's unfortunate, but NY is being really unfriendly to even responsible fliers.

I really wish it was easier to find the laws in each state so we can better educate ourselves on where and when we can fly.
LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura