DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu Hawaii in 4k Mavic Pro 2

Just got back from our 4 days vacation in Oahu. The place is crowded but very beautiful. Everyday we wake up early in am to do the hikes then go to the beach after.

Here is the video.

Awesome Video... Very well done! I used to live there for several years, and you have captured some of the true beauty of the island. Having said that.... you were flying in a number of places where it is not permitted, and hope you didn't get a ticket!

Reactions: MavRik
Great Video! You captured lots of great footage!

Try and remember that flying directly over people is not permitted as per FAA Rules and Regulations. I know that its a bummer and some of the best shots are those flyovers.

Awesome Video... Very well done! I used to live there for several years, and you have captured some of the true beauty of the island. Having said that.... you were flying in a number of places where it is not permitted, and hope you didn't get a ticket!
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. My bad I thought it was only in Diamond Head Crater. I didn't get any ticket and nobody even approached me. I'll double check next time before I fly.

Great Video! You captured lots of great footage!

Try and remember that flying directly over people is not permitted as per FAA Rules and Regulations. I know that its a bummer and some of the best shots are those flyovers.
Thank you! Good to remind me that. Does it also apply if it is flying over me or the person I know that we are shooting/recording?

Reactions: BD0G
I enjoyed the video excellent work but the music well I’m not so sure

A great vid spectacular . Great colour and scenery. Thankyou for posting.
Thank you! Good to remind me that. Does it also apply if it is flying over me or the person I know that we are shooting/recording?
You can fly over people in your own party but not strangers without there permission

Well the wording the FAA uses is that you may not fly over people. People are just that People. There is not a distinction as to if you know those people or if they are under 6 feet tall or if thier favorite color is Blue.

That seems pretty straightforward. If there is a person that you are flying over then yes if some FAA representative wanted to get very technical and specific then they could see that you indeed did fly over persons.

I try to always choose a flight path that does not fly directly over people.

Directly is the operative word.

Just got back from our 4 days vacation in Oahu. The place is crowded but very beautiful. Everyday we wake up early in am to do the hikes then go to the beach after.

Here is the video.

AWESOME VIDEO!

Here is the video.

That was a great video! Well done guys/and gals!

Well the wording the FAA uses is that you may not fly over people. People are just that People. There is not a distinction as to if you know those people or if they are under 6 feet tall or if thier favorite color is Blue.

That seems pretty straightforward. If there is a person that you are flying over then yes if some FAA representative wanted to get very technical and specific then they could see that you indeed did fly over persons.

I try to always choose a flight path that does not fly directly over people.

Directly is the operative word.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep that in mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy