DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

obstacle avoidance failure

A Winning View

Reactions
Mavic 2 Zoom
I was flying close to trees and houses the other day and a warning came up on the screen that the obstacle avoidance had turned off. I'm not sure which button I accidentally hit. At the time I was using the left wheel to tilt the camera and the right wheel to zoom -- the drone was stationary. I landed, turned everything off then everything back on. The system reset, but again as I was trying to line up for the same shot, I got the same obstacle avoidance off message. Shortly after, the camera also failed. I landed, turned everything off and back on. The obstacle avoidance reset but the camera would not. I had been flying for about 35 minutes total and was on my second battery. The temperature was about 75F/24C, light winds, sunny skies, humidity around 50%. There was no magnetic interference message and the drone had been recalibrated earlier that day. Any thoughts on if this was operator error, which combination of buttons I could have accidentally hit, how to recover, etc.
Thanks

The OA indicator on the top of the screen acts as a short cut to OA options but you then have to make the appropriate selections in the normal way.
I do not know if it is possible to set one of the customisable buttons to switch OA on and off but it might be worth checking.
With regards to the camera could it have accidentally been set to manual with shutter speed too fast and ISO too slow etc. etc. ?

I have my C2 set to shut off O/A, but it gives a warning that must be confirmed. With the camera issue sounds like something is going a bit wacky in the whole sensor/camera area. What flight mode were you in T,P or S?

Mavic 2 Zoom
I was flying close to trees and houses the other day and a warning came up on the screen that the obstacle avoidance had turned off. I'm not sure which button I accidentally hit. At the time I was using the left wheel to tilt the camera and the right wheel to zoom -- the drone was stationary. I landed, turned everything off then everything back on. The system reset, but again as I was trying to line up for the same shot, I got the same obstacle avoidance off message. Shortly after, the camera also failed. I landed, turned everything off and back on. The obstacle avoidance reset but the camera would not. I had been flying for about 35 minutes total and was on my second battery. The temperature was about 75F/24C, light winds, sunny skies, humidity around 50%. There was no magnetic interference message and the drone had been recalibrated earlier that day. Any thoughts on if this was operator error, which combination of buttons I could have accidentally hit, how to recover, etc.
Thanks
Any chance you went into sports mode from normal mode? That would have turned of the obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: Mavic2zoomAptos
Any chance you went into sports mode from normal mode? That would have turned of the obstacle avoidance.
On that I will add, says: Obstacle avoidance unavailable on a screen warning

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo