DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance in the sky

Wersh

Reactions
I’ve noticed when I’m flying around 200-350 ft I’ll I’ll be flying and the drone will stop and beep as if it was going to run into a wall. Nothing within 100’s of ft. I’ve had birds try and strike me but when I’m watching the drone stop there is nothing near it. Just a bug? Sensors dirty? Invisible aliens?

I’ve noticed when I’m flying around 200-350 ft I’ll I’ll be flying and the drone will stop and beep as if it was going to run into a wall. Nothing within 100’s of ft. I’ve had birds try and strike me but when I’m watching the drone stop there is nothing near it. Just a bug? Sensors dirty? Invisible aliens?
Sunlight, try turning the drone and flying backwards if you need to. The sunlight can cause issues.

Sun glare is one cause. Another issue at times is wind. It is really not good to fly with that feature active if it's windy. It causes the aircraft to stop, beep, and possibly climb in altitude depending on settings.

Mine got worse a few updates back, but I just turn it off when I am flying in wind or during golden hour. The problem is, it still beeps. So I tend to turn my volume down.

I noticed same behaviour after latest firmware update. It gets worse when going down and full speed ahead. Is it the same for you?

a2f640295569ccf94bd49a65541efefa.jpg
forgot to tag pic. But maybe I’m too high up? I launched off the rock.

I noticed same behaviour after latest firmware update. It gets worse when going down and full speed ahead. Is it the same for you?

I had about 6 photos of the 30+ I Tried to take come out decent. Everything else looks unfocused even after hitting the focus button several times

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian