DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance sends Mavic into tree ;(

:andre:

Reactions
Hi,
guess it's kind of my own fault - but thought I post it here.
My Mavic crashed into a tree....
Did a few flights towards a tree trunk and obstacle avoidance kicked nicely in and the Mavic stopped before the tree. On the last flight instead of stopping, obstacle avoidance sent the Mavic sideways into the tree next to it....
Now I am about to learn something new - how the DJI repair process works.

Have a good day
Andre

yeah I know. What I don't know is why it didn't just stop as in the flights before.
That is crashed while going sideways I understand.
I took my hands of the sticks when the beeping started (as in the flights before) and suddenly it started flying sideways - before I realised what happened it was to late.
The flight records of the previous flights don't have "obstacle avoidance" coming up the last one (crash) does.
Are there two different ways of "obstacle avoidance"? One where it just stops and one where it tries to go around?

Oh no!!! well lesson learned :( Sorry for your loss.

"Obstacle avoidance sends Mavic into tree ;(".... I'm thinking perhaps, "Pilot sends Mavic into tree ;("... :)

Reactions: kakao
I crashed mine at about 8m above my head on the back deck. Literally went straight up and right next to the deck is a massive bamboo tree. It clipped one of the overhanging single branches and momentarily drifted left straight into the main clump of bamboo and came crashing down right next to me. Apart from the camera then drone itself was intact.

No sensors on the side of Mavic, you know that?
yes, sure
the question is - why did it start flying sideways the obstacle was in front of it. And how did it make the decision to go to the right not to the left?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55