DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance still works when switched off

Greekislandlover

Reactions
I'm trying to set up a waypoints mission where the drone has to go over a bush and under an arch. The bush I was probably about a meter above it, and central through the arch. I used the C1 button to set the waypoints precisely and the speed is very low so I can walk behind it and hit cancel if necessary. Then I turn off the obstacle avoidance sensors.

But when I run the mission, it gets to the bush, detects it's there and has a wobble. When it gets to the arch it just stops. It's in P mode, and I did get the warning messages when flying without sensors. Any ideas as to why it still seems to be acting on the sensors?

i think if you read the manual you will find that the sensors cannot be disabled in the various auto flight modes

Hi, and thanks for the speedy reply :)

I guess that I didn't read the manual properly. It's always great to know these things, so I can have another go at the shot later and either try manually or do it slightly differently with the knowledge of how it will act.

Thanks!

You can always tell when in flight (or did they fix that) what sensors are active with the icon at the top of the screen.

Bottom VPS sensors could be a factor too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3