DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle detection and precision landing question....

Neebles

Reactions
Alright so I was doing some flying this weekend at the lake house up north. It was my first time flying the MPP there. Anyway, I was taking off from the deck. Now when I would take off, the MPP would detect the thinking of the deck and give me an obstacle warning. It wasn’t a big deal as the railing was several feet away. I was able to take off no problem. Plenty of room. The problem I had was with landing. At home (with no obstacles) it always lands within 3 inches of the take off spot. Up north, it wasn’t even close. Not even in the ballpark. I could easily land it manually, but that’s not as “neat”. Anyway, I didn’t look into it much, I didn’t try and recalibrate the compass or anything. Could the precision landing “problem” be caused by the obstacle detected during take off? Or is there something else I should have looked into. I suppose the fact that the house has a metal roof wasn’t too helpful, but again, I got no other warnings and had no issue with interference or control.

Alright so I was doing some flying this weekend at the lake house up north. It was my first time flying the MPP there. Anyway, I was taking off from the deck. Now when I would take off, the MPP would detect the thinking of the deck and give me an obstacle warning. It wasn’t a big deal as the railing was several feet away. I was able to take off no problem. Plenty of room. The problem I had was with landing. At home (with no obstacles) it always lands within 3 inches of the take off spot. Up north, it wasn’t even close. Not even in the ballpark. I could easily land it manually, but that’s not as “neat”. Anyway, I didn’t look into it much, I didn’t try and recalibrate the compass or anything. Could the precision landing “problem” be caused by the obstacle detected during take off? Or is there something else I should have looked into. I suppose the fact that the house has a metal roof wasn’t too helpful, but again, I got no other warnings and had no issue with interference or control.
Probably the detection upon landing. I have the exact same problem, landing on my back porch, I turn the Mavic around, so it's not facing the house, and it lands fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11