DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Occu Sync : Best setting for a Long Distance Run down the Shore line ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Seems I have 3 Options:

Do I want to Designate to a specific Channel or let Auto switch between the two channels..
Hotels on the left me , Spotters in the middle and Water on the right.

Were going to attempt a long distance flight in the Rain , land switch batteries and Return back.
Is anything going to make a difference as we normally follow HD and Auto which allows the drone to switch between both signals.

So far I cannot see what would justify using the manual setting ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in Rain /Snow

Last edited:
I would use auto, unless you have very specific reasons to do otherwise. When you fly even short distances the interference patterns shift quite dramatically. A clean channel can easily change to a very cluttered one as you get further from your transmitter, and closer to other RF sources. In general, signal strength varies inversely with the square of the distance.

Additionally sources can get turned and off at any time with any pattern.

Fly in the rain - REALLY? If you are planning to fly to a point of changing batteries - that is a lot of spotters with COMM with everyone else.

Flying in rain, snow, or other wet conditions is not a good idea with an Air2 or most any drone. Most are not waterproof / resistant.

Let us know how far you got, and how many batteries it took to get there...

Fly in the rain - REALLY? If you are planning to fly to a point of changing batteries - that is a lot of spotters with COMM with everyone else.

Flying in rain, snow, or other wet conditions is not a good idea with an Air2 or most any drone. Most are not waterproof / resistant.
You might want to look up who your talking to and why he is doing it ;) He is testing his products before releasing to market. Phantom Rain | Drone Protector / Wet Suits, Rescue Jackets, Landing Pads Not his first rodeo. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa