DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OcuSync 2.0 HD vs Smooth mode

droncek

Reactions
Hello,

OcuSync 2.0... In transmission menu there is option to choose between HD mode and Smooth mode. I would like to ask what is the difference between these two?

Thank you!

Thank you for your answer.

I can't open link. Would you be so kind and give me a ordinary link to particular posts without that tapatalk since I don't using it.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

OcuSync 2.0... In transmission menu there is option to choose between HD mode and Smooth mode. I would like to ask what is the difference between these two?

Thank you!
HD mode is a higher resolution video feed to the RC or goggles. Smooth mode is a higher frame rate at a lower resolution for the video feed.

Smooth mode is primarily for use with the goggles to increase the refresh rate for faster more delicate maneuvers though there may be other uses but I personally do not find it all that useful. If I want to fly a racing drone I will fly a racing drone.

The different options may limit the video recording resolutions and frame rates that can be used to record video to the SD card for example 4k recording is not allowed in HD or smooth mode due to the extra processing required.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I tried both modes with MA2 and never noticed any significant difference either in lag or link quality. The loss of resolution was apparent though. I think the "smooth" mode might benefit racing quads and such, but with the regular slow-pacing videographic drone like Mavic having higher resolution is actually preferable to reduced lag and/or higher transmission FPS, assuming the link quality is the same. Especially if you're using a tablet instead of a phone.

Try this link

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929