DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd App Behavior

55Kevy

Reactions
I had several things happen during my flights today. Shortly after my first takeoff the AC lost connection to the RC; RTH was initiated (the bird was at about 20' altitude and maybe 80' from controller) and then connection reestablished, so I cancelled RTH. I continued flying without incident for another 15 or 20 min. I was down to about 30% battery and decided to make one more flight - took off, and then when the AC was no more than 5' in the air got a message that 'Payload Mode activated' (or some such) and then 'Propeller Guards detected, performance reduced' (or some such). I continued flying: the AC was at about 9' altitude and not more than 100' from the controller and got the 'max distance reached' message. I returned the AC and landed at about 20% battery. I am using the MAS stealth props but no other mods or adds.

Is this just glitches in the Fly APP? Or am I getting signals of something else wrong?

There could be a few reason why the drone entered payload mode, , when that happens just go into the app and turn off payload mode to regain control of your drone.

Lots of reason why A mini can enter payload mode or think you have a propeller guard , its a normal variable just remember not to panic and turn it off using the app and the controller.

The mini is very quick to enter into payload mode , which is normal for that drone ,

The same thing happens when you fly with the Rescue Jacket on the Mini , it enters Payload mode as it flys but if you turn it off its smooth sailing for the rest of the flight . , but you have to wait for payload mode to engage before turning it off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

Non-OEM props. Take off the third party props, put on the OEM props, then fly the drone as intended. A lot of the flight performance is 100% dependent on the propeller performance curves, as you have just learned.

I fly my mii2 with leg extenders and a mini strobe and have never gotten any of those messages....if DJI were to come out with some modified props and back them up with a warranty ...I MAY try them....I think using those props is your problem
I would consider myself lucky that I didn't crash....and ditch them before they do cause a mishap

Reactions: cc_jim
I had several things happen during my flights today. Shortly after my first takeoff the AC lost connection to the RC; RTH was initiated (the bird was at about 20' altitude and maybe 80' from controller) and then connection reestablished, so I cancelled RTH. I continued flying without incident for another 15 or 20 min. I was down to about 30% battery and decided to make one more flight - took off, and then when the AC was no more than 5' in the air got a message that 'Payload Mode activated' (or some such) and then 'Propeller Guards detected, performance reduced' (or some such). I continued flying: the AC was at about 9' altitude and not more than 100' from the controller and got the 'max distance reached' message. I returned the AC and landed at about 20% battery. I am using the MAS stealth props but no other mods or adds.

Is this just glitches in the Fly APP? Or am I getting signals of something else wrong?
Question when you changed the props from the OG ones to the MAS ones did you use the screws that came with the MAS ones because I didn't at first and I had issues of one of my motors with the screws being to tight so I took out the OG screws and put in the MAS screws and problem solved and I also made sure I didn't screw them down super tight either cuz it sounds like your motors or motor could be under a strong load maybe but it is something to check out Brother God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Thanks all for the responses. I understand how the non-OEM props could trigger the payload warning, but what about the max distance reached warning?

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Change your max distance setting in the app.
Yep he's right on the money with that one I'd go back into your settings and check and make sure all of your settings are set up where you want them and by the way my Dad just went through the same thing that we did with his new MAS PROPS he didn't use the screws that came with the new MAS PROPS and he had them to tight I have not looked but it is sounding like the OG screws are a tad bit shorter than the MAS PROP ones I guess or maybe it's the way the MAS PROPS are made where you put the screws in I'm not sure but it's possible but anyway Brother I really hope that you get it all figured out let me know how it goes man and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ