DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd behaviour from 'new' to me RC1A

ekky-thump

Reactions
I wanted an RC1A and managed to ebay one, UK.
On connecting my phones, Samsung S6 64G, Samsung S6 32G & Samsung S5, they, during multiple 'attempts', open the Go4 App's 'front page' at the Mavic Pro page and NOT the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom page.
This unsettled me so I was reluctant to link the controller to either my M2P or M2Z but I did want to look 'into' the controller so I opened the controller calibration menu, the graphics there were of a pair of boxes with what turns out should be 'follow me' indicators, much as is shown in the youtube

I could not see a "start" button and if I moved the sticks 'on to' the blue circles the blue circles did not move.
The above two behaviours occasionally 'revert' to what I would consider the normal behaviours i.e. the M2P/Z front page and 'crosses' etc. for the calibration but have switched back to the unusual behaviour at the next look with the App.
However, and what concerns me the most, all three phones very rarely show a firmware version for the controller when looking at the "about" menu, most times the serial number is a blank space.

Has anyone encountered this before? What is the cause and what do I do about it?

I did connect it to an M2Z and the app mentioned firmware updates required for the drone and I have a question about that.
Using "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" what is shown is in the attached.
Has V01.00.0670 been installed or just down loaded?
If just downloaded (and presumably stored on the drone) can I delete it, if so how?
What does"REFRESH" do with regards to V01.00.0510?

Thanks

Attachments

• mavic firmware question.png
    mavic firmware question.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
I think you might have been a little bit confused from the controller perspective, there is 2 things you can do:
  • Calibrate the control sticks so that they are operating correctly in their range of motion (as shown in the video you posted)
  • Upgrade the controller firmware to the latest version by connecting the controller to DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, downloading the controller firmware from the internet and transfering it to the controller.

In your photo of the DJI Assistant 2 screen, 0.0670 hasn't been downloaded or installed yet.
Hitting the "upgrade" button will begin the process of upgrading the firmware from 0.510 to 0.0670, this process downloads the 0.0670 firmware upgrade from the internet and transfers it to the drone.
Refresh of 0.0510, will just re-install a clean version again on the drone, it is downloaded from the internet again and will overwrite the 0.0510 already on the drone.

The defaulting to the Mavic Pro on the DJI Go4 splash page suggests the controller is not being recognised by the phones.
I would delete and reinstall DJI Go4 to see if that helps.

Can you post a picture of your RC1A controller ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for the reply Iannes, I am reluctant to remove the Go4 from the phones as there's to much on there for my comfort but I did remove Go4 from a Nexus 7, delete its leftovers i.e. dji.go.v4 from 'DJI' and reinstalled the App.
No joy, still end up seeing the Mavic Pro entry pages rather than the Mavic 2 Pro etc entry page and the box like calibration and nonfunctioning follow me thing and no serial number.

Attachments

• rc1a 2.jpg
    rc1a 2.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 17
  • rc1a 1.jpg
    rc1a 1.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the reply Iannes, I am reluctant to remove the Go4 from the phones as there's to much on there for my comfort but I did remove Go4 from a Nexus 7, delete its leftovers i.e. dji.go.v4 from 'DJI' and reinstalled the App.
No joy, still end up seeing the Mavic Pro entry pages rather than the Mavic 2 Pro etc entry page and the box like calibration and nonfunctioning follow me thing and no serial number.

What versions of DJI Go4 are you running on the Samsung phones ?
If it's an old version I think you will need to upgrade it.

Last edited:
4.3.36 & 4.3.37, I tried three other devices that all run Go4 and it fails to work correctly with all of them.
It's going back, ho hum.
Thanks the assistance Iannes

Last edited:
On the entry page to the app there should be a drop down to choose which aircraft you will be using

My GO4 app on IOS opened with a mavic 1 pro image when I first attached my M2PRO to the app I just opened the drop down and chose the M2PRO

Reactions: pelagic_one
Go4 will auto detect the model once the AC is connected. I don't think the RC alone is sufficient to auto detect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom