DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd gimbal behavior M2P

offtheback

Reactions
Mavic 2 Pro.Almost new.Never crashed.When drone in air the up/down 90 degrees function is only working occasionally after many pushes of button..The dial for gradual angle adjustment hardly works at all.When drone is on ground and drone on but motors off works fine.In hand or on ground with motors on same erratic behavior.Sometimes get gimbal overload warning.Gimbal protector is off.When you get gimbal to point down with rear switch and try to point staright ahead with that switch it moves a little then stops.Gimbal is set to be able to go up 30 degrees.When drone is off gimbal is movable freely.Any ideas to what might be causing this?

Reactions: Droniac
What happens if you try to move the gimbal by touching and dragging your finger around the phone screen?

What happens if you try to move the gimbal by touching and dragging your finger around the phone screen?
With drone on but motors off works fine with the finger and with the up/down button and the adjuster wheel.With motors on and drone on ground does not work correctly(same as in flight)

It tests, to some extent, whether it is a problem with just the controller or a consistent problem in control. It seems to be the latter.

If you try a calibration of the controller does the gimbal tilt dial respond as intended during the calibration? see watch (the calibration process starts around 1:00)
From memory I might have to move each control once before its depiction responds in the animation. I do not remember if the animation I see looks exactly like the one in the video.

The next might sound odd change the function of the C1 button to something else, perhaps switching the bottom light on and off, when so set does it work consistently? The bottom light usage cycles through three steps, it is not a simple on off switch.
Do you happen to know anyone else with a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom that would let you try that their controller on you drone and your controller on their drone?

Is the drone still under warranty? If so is still under warranty is the warranty of concern to you?

I’m having the same problem, my last few flights I’ve had an error “gimbal overload” the gimbal protector is off & it’s during flight.. did anyone find a solution?

I’m having the same problem, my last few flights I’ve had an error “gimbal overload” the gimbal protector is off & it’s during flight.. did anyone find a solution?
Do you also have erratic operation of the gimbal?

It tests, to some extent, whether it is a problem with just the controller or a consistent problem in control. It seems to be the latter.

If you try a calibration of the controller does the gimbal tilt dial respond as intended during the calibration? see watch (the calibration process starts around 1:00)
From memory I might have to move each control once before its depiction responds in the animation. I do not remember if the animation I see looks exactly like the one in the video.

The next might sound odd change the function of the C1 button to something else, perhaps switching the bottom light on and off, when so set does it work consistently? The bottom light usage cycles through three steps, it is not a simple on off switch.
Do you happen to know anyone else with a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom that would let you try that their controller on you drone and your controller on their drone?

Is the drone still under warranty? If so is still under warranty is the warranty of concern to you?
To me,the oddest thing is that with the drone on but motors off the gimbal works correctly.

To me,the oddest thing is that with the drone on but motors off the gimbal works correctly.
I was getting around to saying "I wonder if vibration, when the motors are running, is making/breaking connections at a loose connector inside the drone" but was trying to eliminate other things first. It's also why I asked about the warranty.
The cable that connects the gimbal to the drone is easily accessible but you have to remove an anti tamper seal to get at it and that may void the warranty.

Reactions: offtheback
Mavic 2 Pro.Almost new.Never crashed.When drone in air the up/down 90 degrees function is only working occasionally after many pushes of button..The dial for gradual angle adjustment hardly works at all.When drone is on ground and drone on but motors off works fine.In hand or on ground with motors on same erratic behavior.Sometimes get gimbal overload warning.Gimbal protector is off.When you get gimbal to point down with rear switch and try to point staright ahead with that switch it moves a little then stops.Gimbal is set to be able to go up 30 degrees.When drone is off gimbal is movable freely.Any ideas to what might be causing this?
offTheBack
When drone in air the up/down 90 degrees function is only working occasionally after many pushes of button.
I have difficulty pressing the C1 button (I don't know if the correct action is vertically up towards the body of the RC; or pull back towards yourself; or a combination of both actions in a 45 degree up and back) I find that a crisper/quicker response is given by the top 5D action button when set to camera up/camera down.

The dial for gradual angle adjustment hardly works at all.
Try adjusting the sensitivity settings in the Go4App Advanced settings.

On the overload issue
When turned off. The gimbal should be free to move in all directions, so simply twiddle with the camera and gimbal a little to make sure its free and not binding.
Then try a gimbal calibration or two.
And if that fails try blowing compressed air through the gimbal pinions.
I have corrected issues before simply with my airbed pump. (the trouble is that the downdraft will kick up dust even in the best of landings and take offs.)

(I don't know if the correct action is vertically up towards
Upwards only.
On dusty ground use a landing mat or perhaps hand launch/catch, suspending the controller for a lanyard makes the latter easier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada