DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Off to a good start...sort of

Mike Drop

Reactions
Sweet success!
I got the MA 2 off the ground and displayed all my out-of-practice skills. I was impressed with the phenomenal rock steady hover and the cinema quality video image. I got through the familiarization tutorial and hit the RTH. Imagine the pucker factor when the MA deuce headed for the hangar roof!
Pilot error. I didn't properly establish the home point.
Managed to miss the hangar (!) and re-established control. Landed without incident.
The disappointing part? On my second flight I found evidence of illegal dumping on our wildlife area. I already shared the footage with the homeowner's committee skipper.

I flew rc planes for yrs (25+) and it still took a couple of months to start feeling a little bit comfortable flying. Crazy right, but it’s new and different from what I knew. I can’t tell you how long it took me to fly above 150 ft, now I don’t give 400 ft a second thought, as with anything it takes time to develop eye hand coordination as well as timing. Being a pilot it won’t take you long. I think more than anything it’s trusting what the aircraft can and can’t do.

Reactions: Mike Drop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus