DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Most batteries have quite a bit of extra solder on the tabs. Take it all off and use a smaller gauge wire. Fan the wire and stick it on with just enough.

I also shorten the balance leads and use extensions when charging. Every gram counts!
Hey lolo, if I take the gimbal off and only use a camera and flat cable, do I have to have the black/white wire plugged in to the gimbal board?

ok and what is water :cool:
check message 2377
Also remember I'm flying with not after market antenna's and not busted. Just those 2 little bunny ears

Funny I thought you were in Phoenix Arizona, USA because of your name, I guess I was wrong with that.
That’s why I mentioned no saltwater.

Funny I thought you were in Phoenix Arizona, USA because of your name, I guess I was wrong with that.
That’s why I mentioned no saltwater.
You are right i am in Arizona just a suburb of Phoenix

Last edited:
Hey lolo, if I take the gimbal off and only use a camera and flat cable, do I have to have the black/white wire plugged in to the gimbal board?
I stick the bare camera board in the stock location and lense on some foam to minimize jello. I kept the factory mounts so I can swap in a gimbal assembly in a few minutes.

Reactions: mlash
One thing we never confirmed, is issue present on android? Keith and I both use iPads and are the only ones to reproduce issue.
Unfortunately the limit persists with Android and spoofing location. No solution so far, which is why we have top 3 flights within 1000 ft.

Can be weeks between updates. Check out an all makes leaderboard here: Leader Board
I don't think they're updating this board any more either. I have posted two flights with them, one 3 weeks ago and 1 a week ago, and they still have not posted neither of my flights.

I don't think they're updating this board any more either. I have posted two flights with them, one 3 weeks ago and 1 a week ago, and they still have not posted neither of my flights.
I notice you have to be a member though face book. I posted and did not join till later. I did submit a few of my flights and still have not seen any posting.

y6Gs7bF.jpg

Verification that the distance limit comes from the RC. Picture taken flying RC only.

@beanbubba is there any way to delay the signal so the aircraft thinks the RC is far away?

Hey lolo excuse my ignorance but how does this prove the limit is coming from the RC? Or are you just saying it isn't coming from the go app? Can it still be caused by the birds programming? Have you ever figured out a way to delay the signal?

@JakeMaxxUAV
Please put me up for 50,432 feet

Went out today with my new iPad Pro to start getting used to flying with it and ended up with 50,432 because of some serious 20+mph winds. I was going to shoot for 55k but once I got up to the top I realized the cross winds were too much so I cut it short. Using 2x Protek (I should get my 3rd protek this week) and a Titan Cyclone extender. With the 3rd battery and some calmer wind I think I have enough room up here to reach the hard limit.

View attachment 28755

View attachment 28758

View attachment 28756

View attachment 28754
How you get that high mine automatically will stop at 398ft won't let me go any higher

Hey lolo excuse my ignorance but how does this prove the limit is coming from the RC? Or are you just saying it isn't coming from the go app? Can it still be caused by the birds programming? Have you ever figured out a way to delay the signal?
The limit is based on the RC to AC distance. Moving the RC around moves the limit equally.

You guys should use XT30 connectors. My splitter is 6 grams.
I went ahead and converted all my connectors to xt30. Thanks for the heads up CyberNate, it definitely saved me a lot of weight.
I also took the gimbal off.

5.jpg

Reactions: lolo780
I went ahead and converted all my connectors to xt30. Thanks for the heads up CyberNate, it definitely saved me a lot of weight.

View attachment 29361

Wow, you aren't messing around! I think you have a definite limit+ bird there. You were already doing very well with 2 packs. Limit should be easy if you can get a lower wind day.

Yeah, I have my fingers crossed for some lower wind this weekend.

View attachment 29361
I had problems with the camera crashing with no gimbal. The IMU inside the lense wasn't happy so I reinstalled the vibration plate to hold the lense with a piece of foam. So far so good.

Did the front compass mind the camera so close? I disable the rear compass and run on the front only because high current to the rear motors causes compass errors.

I got a new platinum this week and did the first few flights with factory setup, no issues. Then I did a test flight with 2 of the protec 3600's and when I was full throttle in sport mode, I got a constant error message "motor current error check your props and fly with caution".

I have never seen this one before and curious if the gang here has experience with this error?

dronemods-448.png

Reactions: SMI
Motor current errors are normal under high load. Is the heading stable? Check your compass noise at full throttle.

Motor current errors are normal under high load. Is the heading stable? Check your compass noise at full throttle.
flight was flawless and no issues reported or perceived (other than the error message). I have flown heavy loads for a year now and never seen that error before. maybe its related to the latest code on the platinum??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98