DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Yeah I was checking those out this weekend. Seems like something we to get into. But with new mavic coming soon just not sure yet. I can't get both spent to much money lately

I’m thinking about getting a P4, just because P4 and the Mavic have similar firmware modifications. I think it will be a while before they figure out how to mod the firmware of the new drones.

Reactions: Aumoe
I was thinking about the same thing waiting to get the new Mavic to they get the bugs worked out at least 6 months maybe for xmas But I get impulsive sometimes.

Phantom series seems to have a lot of distance i interested I wanna try it .

What I really want is for someone to figure out how to mod the firmware the controller to get rid of the hard distance limit on the Mavic. I’m pretty confident with with good weather and the right battery combination, the mavic could fly to 65-70K

Reactions: Aumoe and lolo780
I've got to hard wire 1 of mine to get much farther are use 3 batteries . Which is heavy as hell

Last edited:
What’s up Dirtybum, not a lot achievement here compared to Unknown Caller on the phantompilot leaderboard.

I love the p3/4 for distance, but I don't really believe that the new distance records using this magical new battery mod are all they're cracked up to be. You can buy and try the magic mod that has highlighted in every single one of unknown's recent posts, but I'd put money that you wouldn't make 2/3's, no, 1/2 that distance! I think there's more to the story. Speaking from lots of battery results from mine and others.

You can find p3's for cheap these days, Grab one and start flying. If you wreck it you probably lose more $$ in the external batteries than the a/c itself[emoji41]
I brought mine out for the first drone flight in 6 months and did an easy &relaxing 6 miles for fun. Maybe I'm getting the bug again who knows.

Reactions: Ed209 and Aumoe
I love the p3/4 for distance, but I don't really believe that the new distance records using this magical new battery mod are all they're cracked up to be. You can buy and try the magic mod that has highlighted in every single one of unknown's recent posts, but I'd put money that you wouldn't make 2/3's, no, 1/2 that distance! I think there's more to the story. Speaking from lots of battery results from mine and others.

Oh I know, the devil is always in the details somewhere.
I may still get another P3 or a P4. Since there’s no way to get past the MP distance limit.

Oh I know, the devil is always in the details somewhere.
I may still get another P3 or a P4. Since there’s no way to get past the MP distance limit.

Yer gonna hit 60 with a mod cam p3! And thats a thrilling experience any day of the week!

Reactions: SkyNinja
For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top Modified
Rank - Distance - User - Mods (#Post Number)

16 - 42,762 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod, 4Hawks SR (# )

** Last Post Checked: #2831

Hello @JakeMaxxUAV

Please Deleting my Leaderbord is Gh0stxSinghx now, I do not want put my leaderborad and also my youtube been deleted the all videos on long range.

29,675ft with the stock Platinum. 27 tilt in cinematic mode, full throttle both ways. No need for cruise control on the right stick, and no fighting auto landing. 4.35v on the battery and it could have gone 30k ft but with a head wind on the return leg I played it safe as I'm in no rush to crash a brand new Platinum.

The same flight could be done in sport mode with a mechanical cruise control. There's no way to know if someone tweaked parameters in the firmware...

Screenshot_20180819-210606_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20180819-210624_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20180819-210636_Gallery.jpeg

What's amazing is the Platinum almost keeps up with my stock P4A which just went 30,584ft with just a windsurfer and parameters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje