DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Did you see less motor power consumption on the .dat files when comparing new to old?

I simply compared flight logs from same day, same battery, same props. Consistently 4000+ feet less total distance and 2 minutes less flight time. I get max 52-53K on older build and 56-58K on the newer one. Have many flights and I always fly right down to near 3.4V. The day I crashed with over 58K distance I had a strong headwind on the return leg, over 7mph and still got 23 minutes flight time. The old build has no chance to come close to that. Keep in mind that these are unmodified, full stock weight.

Reactions: lolo780
Oh you're talking about RC signal range. Hahah.
What about total distance they could each fly? Was that consistent?

Well that was what I was pointing out in the first post The first drone I had back in June started off ok but the batteries became pretty poor when I started getting these battery error messages all the time ,I was using this blue five in one charger from Amazon everybody was raving about, I can’t totally swear to it but I was more than sure at the time that it was because of using that charger more often than not the runtimes were getting shorter and I was getting these messages etc
The second drone the batteries were better and the runtime more consistent but I think it was more due to the fact I had stopped using the blue 5-1 charger and stuck with the DJI charger etc

The third drone out preformed all of them for signal and runtime , obviously my performance might be different than yours because our weather in the UK is legendary lol

Reactions: lolo780
I'll take a look later. In wasn't as new, but something like May or June build. First flight in July.

The one I crashed that had awesome efficiency had serial starting with 08QUE7S which is
2017, July (end of July).

The original one is a much newer one built 2017, march 30th.

See here for decoding:
Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

xn9ZbnL.png

First flight test on Mavrick 2.0, stock battery. Cross wind roll -11 to +8 degrees, 24 degrees pitch in assistant, predicted total range ~20km based on 6.75 watt seconds per meter for this flight.

Reactions: CyberNate
xn9ZbnL.png

First flight test on Mavrick 2.0, stock battery. Cross wind roll -11 to +8 degrees, 24 degrees pitch in assistant, predicted total range ~20km based on 6.75 watt seconds per meter for this flight.

Nice! Those fixed propellers make a huge difference! 24 degrees is actual tilt, not your configured tilt. What speed are you moving with the wind vs against wind? You still going 36mph? I have mine at 27 degrees for 33.6mph.

Tried out my new mavic tonight. Had a lot of issues due to it being crashed. Gps/compass module was bad. Flew sideways and drifted all over even after calibrating everything. Could be why it was wrecked in the first place. Replaced that and then noticed the sma connectors are broken on board. Not sure how I'll fix that. It's just the grounding part that is detached. May just hot glue it down if connection is working ok.

Too windy and rainy to test efficiency. Gusts over 30mph.

Nice! Those fixed propellers make a huge difference! 24 degrees is actual tilt, not your configured tilt. What speed are you moving with the wind vs against wind? You still going 36mph? I have mine at 27 degrees for 33.6mph.

Tried out my new mavic tonight. Had a lot of issues due to it being crashed. Gps/compass module was bad. Flew sideways and drifted all over even after calibrating everything. Could be why it was wrecked in the first place. Replaced that and then noticed the sma connectors are broken on board. Not sure how I'll fix that. It's just the grounding part that is detached. May just hot glue it down if connection is working ok.

Too windy and rainy to test efficiency. Gusts over 30mph.

I forgot to include this was on Platinum props, and 24 degrees is the value in assistant. Here's a graph with pitch added, and you can see how windy it is. Speed is 13.5-13.7m/s except in ATTI mode which is 18+.

nmztEzf.png

I forgot to include this was on Platinum props, and 24 degrees is the value in assistant. Here's a graph with pitch added, and you can see how windy it is. Speed is 13.5-13.7m/s except in ATTI mode which is 18+.

nmztEzf.png

So are you thinking 24 degrees is the best for efficiency, or is that due to conditions?

So are you thinking 24 degrees is the best for efficiency, or is that due to conditions?
That's just the first number I tried. Having watt seconds per meter right in the graph will make optimizing setups a lot easier for everyone.

That's just the first number I tried. Having watt seconds per meter right in the graph will make optimizing setups a lot easier for everyone.
Watt per foot or meter would be good at various speeds. Would have to average legs of flight.

@JakeMaxxUAV View attachment 24964View attachment 24966View attachment 24967

My Mavic is stock OE. Longest flight was in Pine, CO with moderate wind (mountain area but clear flight path). 2nd longest was in Ft. Lauderdale beach with a normal ocean breeze. I just ordered a Platinum so these stock records should be broken soon. No range booster was used. I was just flying far like usual and not trying to set records. Is there a top speed thread too?

You are not measuring correctly. We measure the maximum distance you get from the controller/homepoint.

Thanks. Deleted.

No worries, it's still an awesome flight. Just turn off that obstacle avoidance and use P-mode. It'll go 31 mph. On a no wind day, you can get to 50,000ft total distance which is 25,000ft out. The new propellers are even better, adding a couple thousand more feet to the total.

I was using sport mode. My max is 44.9 but I haven’t bothered getting more out of atti mode.

I was using sport mode. My max is 44.9 but I haven’t bothered getting more out of atti mode.

Don't use sport mode if you want maximum range unless you are flying with the wind. If you have a 7+mph tail wind, then sport mode is efficient as aircraft is really going 32-33 air speed. The mavic efficiency point is just over 30mph air speed. Sport mode you'll lose too much energy to ESC/motor heat and drag.

So are the ones with o8que4a the newer model.
Are they any better or just the same

So are the ones with o8que4a the newer model.
Are they any better or just the same

Well there are 2 of us now that have had old builds and then a newer build and saw much better efficiency on the newer build from 2017. I have just purchased another one and will test it once the weather to get better to confirm that it also has better battery life as compared to the 08QDD builds from 2016. If there were any significant changes in Mavic production, I'm not sure when they were introduced.

For reference, my stock battery 30k ft flight used 134,800 watt seconds from the battery and it was pretty much drained. That's ~7.3 watt seconds per meter.
@CyberNate: On your last stock battery flight, how many Ws did you get out of the battery? It would be interesting if the 3-4% variation in stock battery cell weights translates to a capacity difference as well. Which would mean weighing batteries and picking the heaviest for best distance.
Or if they all perform the same, looking for the very lightest packs.

For reference, my stock battery 30k ft flight used 134,800 watt seconds from the battery and it was pretty much drained. That's ~7.3 watt seconds per meter.
@CyberNate: On your last stock battery flight, how many Ws did you get out of the battery? It would be interesting if the 3-4% variation in stock battery cell weights translates to a capacity difference as well. Which would mean weighing batteries and picking the heaviest for best distance.
Or if they all perform the same, looking for the very lightest packs.

Was that stock flight done with a stock mav or one with holes and other weight reduction?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54