DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

English please[emoji41]

597 grams ready to fly.

8.55 watt seconds per meter is a number generated by Csview. CsvView/DatCon
A stock Mavic battery is supposed to have 43.6 watt hours, or 157,183 watt seconds. The ESCs only measure motor wattage, so you'll never see 157k being used by the motors due to power consumption by the core board, radio, LEDs etc.

By flying your Mavic at different speeds you can see how slower or faster than optimal will consume more power per unit distance. You can also find the best speed for head or tailwinds which will allow you to get the most distance even with less than perfect wind conditions.

Watt second - Wikipedia

@BudWalker writes this tool and added some custom calculations that I requested. It works on the aircraft side .dat files you can download via DJI Assistant and will give you a total aircraft side picture of everything going on during your flight.

Well there are 2 of us now that have had old builds and then a newer build and saw much better efficiency on the newer build from 2017. I have just purchased another one and will test it once the weather to get better to confirm that it also has better battery life as compared to the 08QDD builds from 2016. If there were any significant changes in Mavic production, I'm not sure when they were introduced.

Ok, I flew my new build Mavic tonight in horrible rainy and windy weather and it did over 23 minutes at 29-31 mph constant speed in cross wind. I now have confirmed that the new builds in 2017 have approximately 2 minutes more flight time at full p mode speed and cover a good 4000 ft more distance than the older builds. This one matches my other new build which I crashed a few weeks ago. I have 2 new builds and 2 old builds from 2016 and the results are consistent.

You guys belly aching about stock should complain to Jake and have the rules clarified then.
I'm just going to keep flying and testing.

Reactions: angusc
I agree there should be some clarification all around. Let's hear some input from those on the leaderboards.

Qd4KV7l.jpg

You guys belly aching about stock should complain to Jake and have the rules clarified then.

I don't think it's fair to call it bellyaching or complaining when you asked the community for input.
I think it's perfectly fair for the community to ask what kind a mod you had done on your AC for any particular flight your post here, your choice whether you answer or not.[emoji41]

Reactions: Phxbird57

No need to complain to Jake, the rules were already clarified on his other two leaderboard threads that he started when the community decided that you can't call a P3 or P4 with the camera removed stock, because that removes additional weight. The same logic would apply to removing any, or many pieces off to reduce weight.

Although I got to admit, I did remove my sticker stripes and SD card on any of my phantom record stock flights[emoji41]

I don't think it's fair to call it bellyaching or complaining when you asked the community for input.
I think it's perfectly fair for the community to ask what kind a mod you had done on your AC for any particular flight your post here, your choice whether you answer or not.[emoji41]
I've always been up front about mods, weights and posting my .dat files to help others. No secrets here.

I don't think you coast past the limit. I have been out there 4 or 5 times at least. I've tried Sport mode , flying backwards , turning around after the limit is reached. Every flight gave me the exact same max distance 58,919 ft. I do like your idea though quickest run out to 58,919 and back takes the top spot. Makes perfect sense. Hopefully somebody smarter then me solves the problem , but until then your idea is the best alternative.
Has anyone tried using a repeater. To see if that may confused the software. I'm just putting ideas out there.

I wonder if writing something in to the app could work?

I don't understand the purpose of the limit in the first place o_O
Maybe they just needed to stick a random number in there and figured, well, no one will EVER go this far :D ...
They haven't met the guys in this forum either. Never say never here.

I don't understand the number......as the Chinese wouldn't work in feet and we convert to meters it equals: 17958.511 m

Surely if it was an intended limit it would have been whole meters?

No need to complain to Jake, the rules were already clarified on his other two leaderboard threads that he started when the community decided that you can't call a P3 or P4 with the camera removed stock, because that removes additional weight. The same logic would apply to removing any, or many pieces off to reduce weight.

Although I got to admit, I did remove my sticker stripes and SD card on any of my phantom record stock flights[emoji41]

Totally agree with you if it’s not stock out the box then it’s not stock, The minute you start drilling holes in it and reducing the weight and taking things off of it it’s no longer a standard drone..., It’s a “slightly modified” standard drone [emoji97]
Don’t know why people wanna do modifications and call it standard to claim some record ,it totally defeats the object and is a contradictory in terms don’t you think !? [emoji848]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54