DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

offline waypoints?

soypp123

Reactions
is there a way to prepare route/waypoints on Android and/or Windows...and fly the route with DJI Go 4?
waypoints 2.0 needs the drone to be powered while creating the route! :(

Thanks in advance!

is there a way to prepare route/waypoints on Android and/or Windows...and fly the route with DJI Go 4?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Try Litchi or DJI GS Pro (iPad only)

Reactions: soypp123
Try Litchi or DJI GS Pro (iPad only)
from what I have heard, to use Litchi routes...you have to fly litchi, instead of Dji Go 4. Am I wrong?

my Aim is to fly DJI Go4, but with routes created offline.

unfortunately currently no access to iPad but just Android and windows

and on switching to Go4 , programmed route is kept and executed?
Yes.

A waypoint mission is uploaded to the drone and is held in the Drone’s internal memory for the duration of the mission so you may start up in Litchi, take off, upload the mission, pause the mission, quit Litchi, open DJI Go 4, and the waypoint mission will be show up in DJI Go 4’s waypoint interface where you can resume the mission.

Litchi uses the SDK to interface waypoints with the drone so Litchi waypoints is more or less the same as DJI Go 4 waypoints the difference being the user interface being different and more intuitive on Litchi to plan the missions not the fundamental waypoint programming itself.

The one caveat is that certain waypoint actions available in Litchi are not uploaded to the drone and are instead controlled by the app itself in real time. Actions like “take photo,” “start video,” “stay for (# of seconds),” etc those actions wont carry over but the flight path, speed, heading directions will all carry over

Yes.

A waypoint mission is uploaded to the drone and is held in the Drone’s internal memory for the duration of the mission so you may start up in Litchi, take off, upload the mission, pause the mission, quit Litchi, open DJI Go 4, and the waypoint mission will be show up in DJI Go 4’s waypoint interface where you can resume the mission.

Many thanks! Grateful for your comprehensive reply!

ok. all understood.
Supposing mission got transferred Litchi to Drone, and now Go4 is launched. Can I now save mission from drone under Go4/waypoints2.0?

Interesting, and I will have to give this switching idea a go.

I did read somewhere that you should land the aircraft before switching apps, but don't quote me on this - it's just a memory and might be wrong.

FWIW the Litchi app does work well on both Android and Apple. The PC planning on Litchi is free, but in order to take off and upload the flight path to the drone you are going to be using the Litchi app. Having paid for it, in my view you might as well use it.

I just wish waypoints 2.0 had the same functionality for offline planning as Litchi.

Reactions: CaptHook
Interesting, and I will have to give this switching idea a go.

I did read somewhere that you should land the aircraft before switching apps, but don't quote me on this - it's just a memory and might be wrong.

FWIW the Litchi app does work well on both Android and Apple. The PC planning on Litchi is free, but in order to take off and upload the flight path to the drone you are going to be using the Litchi app. Having paid for it, in my view you might as well use it.

I just wish waypoints 2.0 had the same functionality for offline planning as Litchi.
You would certainly need to purchase Litchi for this to work.

I’m somewhat in the same camp as you that you might as well just use Litchi during the mission but there are some onscreen display items I prefer in DJI Go 4 over Litchi such as the map (I find Litchi’s auto zoom function for the map to be finicky) and the attitude radar so I see a function for doing this.

You would certainly need to purchase Litchi for this to work.

I’m somewhat in the same camp as you that you might as well just use Litchi during the mission but there are some onscreen display items I prefer in DJI Go 4 over Litchi such as the map (I find Litchi’s auto zoom function for the map to be finicky) and the attitude radar so I see a function for doing this.

I tried this out earlier, but must not be doing it right. I didn't have a full battery so couldn't do what I wanted. The spare was dead too - I just jumped on my bike and went to my testing ground.

This was on an ipad mini. I loaded up the litchi flight and hit the play button to take off. Let it start out and hit the stop button and close Litchi. The drone is hovering. Open up GO4, and then open the waypoints. The route I have uploaded via litchi isn't on the screen. Nor is it in the load saved flight.

Obviously you have got it to work, and I'm clearly doing it wrong!

I tried this out earlier, but must not be doing it right. I didn't have a full battery so couldn't do what I wanted. The spare was dead too - I just jumped on my bike and went to my testing ground.

This was on an ipad mini. I loaded up the litchi flight and hit the play button to take off. Let it start out and hit the stop button and close Litchi. The drone is hovering. Open up GO4, and then open the waypoints. The route I have uploaded via litchi isn't on the screen. Nor is it in the load saved flight.

Obviously you have got it to work, and I'm clearly doing it wrong!
Press PAUSE not stop

...I’m somewhat in the same camp as you that you might as well just use Litchi during the mission but there are some onscreen display items I prefer in DJI Go 4 over Litchi such as the map (I find Litchi’s auto zoom function for the map to be finicky) and the attitude radar so I see a function for doing this.
I use Litchi for it's excellent waypoint planning, offline creation and Google Earth simulation.
I prefer Go4 for everything else.

Interesting suggestion you make to switch over to Go4 once Litchi mission is launched, will have to check it out.
I do have concerns about waypoints/gimble direction etc. working properly though.
I have previously had serious Go4 stability issues when first running then closing Litchi.
(edit: using Smart Controller)
Only way to keep Go4 stable is to Force Stop 1) Litchi 2) Amazon App Store (I have the Amazon version of Litchi)
I'm wondering how that might affect this.

It does seem too much trouble/potential for problems vs. just staying in the Litchi app for waypoints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetdriver100
from what I have heard, to use Litchi routes...you have to fly litchi, instead of Dji Go 4. Am I wrong?

unfortunately currently no access to iPad but just Android and windows
wrong.

I'm still experimenting with it, but see the posts earlier in the thread. You will need the Litchi app in order to take off and upload the flight to the drone. Litchi is available and supported for both Windows and Apple. The Virtual Litchi Machine is windows only.

As far as I can make out, you upload and take off with litchi and then hit pause. Then kill off Litchi and open up DJI GO4 and the flight should be there. I'm going to have a play later on today and hopefully do a screen record of it to upload.

I would be very careful with this. Historically there have been reported problems with having 2 separate applications running that communicate with the drone. The drone can not differentiate who sent a message, and will attempt to execute both.

Note that stopping an app, at least on the iFamily, does not completely shut it down. It runs in the background still. The only way to completely kill it is with a vertical swipe on the summary window.

Why complicate things unnecessarily?
Set up the mission in Litchi and fly in Litchi.
There's nothing to be gained by messing around with two different programs.

Reactions: scdronemedia

unfortunately currently no access to iPad but just Android and windows[/

See the answers above. If you perform the things in te right order you can program your flightpath in Litchi and after start hit the pause button and then quit litchi and start the DJI GO 4 app.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N