DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Oh dear. Fundamental mistake-by me!

twickers14

Reactions
Not a disaster, everything in tact but took my drone to Weston Super Mare today (beautiful flying weather, blue sky and no wind, no people and no buildings close by) launched and within 3 minutes-battery low, Returning to Home, doh, forgot to check battery and no spares! Hey ho. So stupid and a real waste of great conditions. After all these flights I still make mistakes. She landed in RTH mode spot on to my landing pad perfectly settling over the H. Here’s a still just to prove I was there. Just had to own up! Will get one from 300ft soon!687B3831-81C8-44E8-A3BA-C4F9C4025383.jpeg

@twickers14 ,your allowed one mistake ,what happened to pre flight check
the excitement of the moment got to you
nuff said

Reactions: antonebear
Not a disaster, everything in tact but took my drone to Weston Super Mare today (beautiful flying weather, blue sky and no wind, no people and no buildings close by) launched and within 3 minutes-battery low, Returning to Home, doh, forgot to check battery and no spares! Hey ho. So stupid and a real waste of great conditions. After all these flights I still make mistakes. She landed in RTH mode spot on to my landing pad perfectly settling over the H. Here’s a still just to prove I was there. Just had to own up! Will get one from 300ft soon!View attachment 145658
A DJI 12v car charger for my Air 2 is well worth the $$$ to me, just to know that I can get power if needed - and buy the Fly More Combo with the 3 batteries. One can be charging whilst flying. 👍😎🇳🇿 P.S. Ignore the price of the gas …….. 😉

A DJI 12v car charger for my Air 2 is well worth the $$$ to me, just to know that I can get power if needed - and buy the Fly More Combo with the 3 batteries. One can be charging whilst flying. 👍😎🇳🇿 P.S. Ignore the price of the gas …….. 😉
And the car charger seems to charge the batteries a lot faster than the household charger. At least it seems too charge faster.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Got the Fly More pack, just me being dumb over batteries. Only posted to perhaps help others not to make the same mistake. Probably don’t need a charger, it's the first time I’ve made the error and I won’t make it again!! Thanks for the ideas.

Not a disaster, everything in tact but took my drone to Weston Super Mare today (beautiful flying weather, blue sky and no wind, no people and no buildings close by) launched and within 3 minutes-battery low, Returning to Home, doh, forgot to check battery and no spares! Hey ho. So stupid and a real waste of great conditions. After all these flights I still make mistakes. She landed in RTH mode spot on to my landing pad perfectly settling over the H. Here’s a still just to prove I was there. Just had to own up! Will get one from 300ft soon!View attachment 145658
I carry a car charger with me for those times, I was caught once at a wedding DUGH !

Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair