DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok guys pull out the new mavic pro today, i got a problem

cruzroy

Reactions
ok 1st I got to say it is very stable, but it don't fly like my phantom 4 , I can fly my P4 like a rc plane, and that's with gps mode, atti mode even better, but mavic is very agile and stiff, I think caz of the air breaks always stopping you at all points, and plus P4 is a lot heavier, and there is no atti mode on mavic.......or my settings are not right, but so far great bird, that's not the BAD

the Bad is that on 2 battery flight, my Nvidia shield crashed 5 times, and once it was total disconnect, I had to shut down mavic, controller and shield and it came back up, I never lost control of mavic, but I hit RTH to get it back and luckily I was up 200 feet, so I was way above tree line

every thing is still at default setting , mavic, controller, and Sheild

so I need help, or I'm going to test with my ipad

Reactions: frozenmotion
What firmware are you using? .0500? There are several issues reported for this fw specially when using Android devices.
Your final sentence says it all: try it with your iPad. But, even so, what iPad do you have?

Not answering your concern but you can set the RTH altitude if you were unaware of that.

The Nvidia Shield doesn't seem to work well with DJI Go 4 on Android v7/Nougat although it works well on Android v6/Marshmallow so if you want to use the Shield with the Mavic you'd be best to downgrade the OS. If you've a compatible IOS device though they tend to be more reliable than Android devices.

John

Reactions: frankiez
The Nvidia Shield doesn't seem to work well with DJI Go 4 on Android v7/Nougat although it works well on Android v6/Marshmallow so if you want to use the Shield with the Mavic you'd be best to downgrade the OS. If you've a compatible IOS device though they tend to be more reliable than Android devices.

John
i will get all spec together when i get home, was away at work for weekend, i dont know the firmware on all devices but i will find out and post
all i know is it crashed to-many times i like to fly far, so not good at all, i just need to know if i got a bad mavic, or just the android, i also have a ipad mini 2 that works flawless with my phantom 4's , but i did not bring to test, but that one time that i had to restart all devices was scary, mavic sheild and controller to get app back.....the mavic did good, and never lost control, but i could not see where i was

as of now, i updated out of box and have not touch any setting on mavic, its all default

i will get all spec together when i get home, was away at work for weekend, i dont know the firmware on all devices but i will find out and post
all i know is it crashed to-many times i like to fly far, so not good at all, i just need to know if i got a bad mavic, or just the android, i also have a ipad mini 2 that works flawless with my phantom 4's , but i did not bring to test, but that one time that i had to restart all devices was scary, mavic sheild and controller to get app back.....the mavic did good, and never lost control, but i could not see where i was
The DJIGO4 app chased every minute on my Android devices (Nexus 6, 5, 4) and very often when using my Moto G2.

Best solution I found was an iPad Air2.
I had to make a custom holder, but in spite I am not an iOs fan, I had to admit everything runs as needed with Apple devices.

Downgrade the Android version of your Nvidia Shield or change to iOS.

d757e26043cc154ef6873ff08db2a481.jpg

b01e5f77ba7a21c62ebf85e554bdfc21.jpg

Your problems will go away when you switch to the iPad, this site is littered with android crashes......

It's likely the Shield that's the cause of the problems as others with the Shield on Android v7 have encountered similar issues.

John

well that sucks i just bought the sheild caz i heard go things about it,,,,,,let me check firmware, but if not, back to ebay

well that sucks i just bought the sheild caz i heard go things about it,,,,,,let me check firmware, but if not, back to ebay

The shield works well on Android v6 but not Android v7, I don't have the tablet myself but believe there is a process to downgrade it.

The shield works well on Android v6 but not Android v7, I don't have the tablet myself but believe there is a process to downgrade it.
Just do a Factory Reset. And don't upgrade.

yeah watch all kinds of youtube vids, now think new shield is bricked.........black screen and wont turn on, should have left alone and sold, now just junk....$$$$ down the drain
nobody had the same way of doing it, so conclusion is nobody knows how, they just got by accident

yeah watched that one, he just goes on and on and shows the failures that he did, so if your fast and click, yo have to start over, but his way dont work
,might have for him but did not for me................sorry not happy right now

Reactions: rdstr
ok i think its all about my drivers, my windows vista automatically add drivers on its own, so i think tonight i will give it a try again, caz when i woke up the shield had gone from total black screen to it turned on again, but 7 does suck, it crashed 2 times on the bench......so i will try get proper drivers then start the downgrade process

ok guys got it, i had to sleep on it , and i reverted this shield back to 6.01, so i will try again, its easy and hard, depending on your pc, and if i get time i will do a straight forward video on how to do it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60