DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok I pulled the trigger on the MPP !!!

AClineman

Reactions
Now it’s time to wait for its arrival :D
I went with the base and figure I can add stuff once I get used to it and see what I want or need, camera filters, extra battery,,, etc.
I wanted to keep it under a grand for now and met that goal. ;)

Not sure what the warranty is out of the box, but while reading stuff on the DJI Store it’s says the “Care refresh” plan extends the warranty up to a year. Is this something I need to purchase right away?

Congratulations! I recommend ND filters and extra batteries as a first extra options purchase.

Charging now :D

I notice a red tab above the camera that looks like a pull tab you remove say on a remote control to active the batteries. I can’t find anything in the literature about what it is and if it’s to be removed. All I see is the Gimble clamp (or whatever it’s called) should be removed before flight.

Also do you all leave the Gimble protector on when flying? I’m going to at least for now.

Not sure what the warranty is out of the box, but while reading stuff on the DJI Store it’s says the “Care refresh” plan extends the warranty up to a year. Is this something I need to purchase right away?
Care Refresh is crash insurance and lasts for the first year. You need to purchase it within 24 hours of activating your MPP. Care Refresh + is something new and gives you a second year at additional cost. Some prefer State Farm since it cost less and covers more.
EDIT: You can get Care Refresh after 24 hours of activation by providing a video to DJI that shows it works. Instructions are on the DJI site.
...I notice a red tab above the camera that looks like a pull tab you remove say on a remote control to active the batteries...
Leave it on
...the Gimble clamp (or whatever it’s called) should be removed before flight.
Also do you all leave the Gimble protector on when flying? I’m going to at least for now.
Both the clamp and cover should be removed before powering on the Mavic. Tape some ribbon on the clamp to make it noticeable because it is small and clear and easy to forget. You can leave the cover on until you feel comfortable flying but for quality recording it should be removed. There is back-and-forth debate about it blocking air flow but since it has a slit in it for airflow and DJI shows it on in it's videos, I do not think that is a problem.

Just keep it close and fly outside in a wide-open area until you get the feel of things...and have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: AClineman
Finally got a break in the rain and got my first flight in (only about 10 minutes before it start sprinkling again)
Launched from our back deck. Took it up spun it around. Tilted right, back left, moved foward and back,moved the camera around. Took it up over the house. Inspected the gutters ( need to get up there and clean them out. Hehe)
Took it to almost the street and max’ed out my beginner mode distance. Hit RTH it went higher and looked like it was going to fly away but it stopped right over the deck and said “Landing” it hit its mark with an inch or two !!

Took it up again, out back over a 70’ bull pine tree. Out of nowhere comes a pissed off crow within a few feet !! Yikes !!
I quickly back it out of there and down ! It went away and I flew it a couple more minutes and again hit RTH with another easy landing. The things pretty amazing!! Oh and I hit the record button and I guess it was in snapshot mode. Gonna have to check into how to shoot video. Can’t wait to take it up again and get the hang of it with more practice.

*note to self*
Avoid pine tree and mama crow :D must have a nest up there.

Reactions: Yam25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N