DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok new guy on block with ideas

cruzroy

Reactions
like i said, my mavic is still in box, i fly my phantom 4 for now, but im waiting on a good case for all my stuff that goes with mavic, but i pulled a battery and already starting on ideas, i made about 30 parts for the UpAir One, caz truth....it needed it, but the mavic has potential for gadgets.....360 cam, flash light....things of such

so if you guys have any ideas, i will try to design and print test, now that i have one,

ive already started on 2 Mavic Battery backpack Mounts, and i can see many things to add to this.....but ideas would be good

mavic001.jpg mavic002.jpg

Reactions: FantasticMrF
Mount for some sort of Strobe light would be nice. I can lose VLOS in bright sunlight and a strobe would push that range way out.

Reactions: AyeYo
Unless you're flying at eye-level, I think you would want the mount somewhere on the bottom. If I had designing skills, I would look to make something that can clip into the two bottom rear attach points so as not to block the sensors, like some of the leg extenders do. Or maybe something that clips onto the rear legs below the LED, like that one holder for Trackimo. I like your idea of a mount with interchangeable holders though.

Reactions: waydownhere
??? but what would you like to mount below mavic ??

If you mount above where you've said, you'll likely block GPS reception - I've seen videos of a GoPro mounted where you've said and it forced the Mavic into Opti/Atti mode. I'd also be concerned that some of your suggestions could interfere with other sensors, particularly the compass.

Reactions: hanshaw
I wish I had your design skills. I have a 3D printer, but absolutely no understanding of how to create my own models. If I did, I'd create some kind of mount that attaches to the rear pegs on the underside, that extends out a bit (so as not to interfere with the VPS or sonar) - that has a hook with a mechanically activated release. Dropping plastic easter eggs, or small water balloons when tilted beyond a certain angle...

I wish I had your design skills. I have a 3D printer, but absolutely no understanding of how to create my own models. If I did, I'd create some kind of mount that attaches to the rear pegs on the underside, that extends out a bit (so as not to interfere with the VPS or sonar) - that has a hook with a mechanically activated release. Dropping plastic easter eggs, or small water balloons when tilted beyond a certain angle...
or fishing drone

something should be able to attach to both rear legs when open, thats away form any sensors, and mavic is kinda nose heavy

I got a SQ-8 camera off eBay for 10 bucks, cute little thing, so whipped up a mount to carry it either direction,,,still needs tweaking, but here it is

IMG_5100.JPG IMG_5101.JPG IMG_5102.JPG IMG_5103.JPG IMG_5104.JPG IMG_5105.JPG

Whats the dimensions on the 2 slots that hold the battery's, they look like they could fit 2- 1500mah 3s batteries
went by these specs caz someone had tried these.......but i can make bigger or smaller

Product Description
910mAh 2-Cell/2S 7.4V ProLite X 25C LiPo, JST

Specifications:

Max Charge: 5C

Max Charge Current: 4.5A

Max Cont. Discharge: 25C

Max Cont. Current: 22.7A

Max Burst: 50C

Max Burst Current: 45.5A

Weight (g): 47

Dimensions (mm): 13 x 25 x 71

Reactions: Natedoggz
I would love if you could design 2, 1 for 2 smaller batteries and a another for 1 big battery, I don't know if my screen shots worked but let me know, thanks.

Attachments

• 1490882238183.jpg
    1490882238183.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 1490882313496.jpg
    1490882313496.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 88
I would love if you could design 2, 1 for 2 smaller batteries and a another for 1 big battery, I don't know if my screen shots worked but let me know, thanks.
give me time.....i will make them up.....but those are big....might have weight issue

Reactions: Natedoggz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian