DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OK to fly from here ?

Kernow666

Reactions
i have been out flying my drone the last few days , i posted some photos on a local facebook group and everyone loves them apart from one guy who is saying its illegal said he will report me

this is where i am flying , its a public play field , i am only flying if i am only person there and only flying straight up 50-100m

college.JPG

this is the photo i took

DJI_0127.JPG

i know i shouldn't be flying within 150m of built up areas but i am flying more than 50m away from buildings

should i ignore him or carry on flying

If he reports you.........you seem to have just stated you are breaking section 4?.
There seem to be plenty of fields around you, why not ask a farmer if you can fly from their land. Are there byelaws governing that public field? etc. etc. What about flying from the left hand shore line of that bay, is not the inter tidal area crown land?
If you have a Victor Meldrew why antagonise him? If it gets official I think you already suspect that you would be on the losing end of any repercussions

If he reports you.........you seem to have just stated you are breaking section 4?.
There seem to be plenty of fields around you, why not ask a farmer if you can fly from their land. Are there byelaws governing that public field? etc. etc. What about flying from the left hand shore line of that bay, is not the inter tidal area crown land?
If you have a Victor Meldrew why antagonise him? If it gets official I think you already suspect that you would be on the losing end of any repercussions
thanks for the advice
he is one of these jobsworth people always moaning about something

Tbh how many flights over that area will you make ? I had someone complain about my flight in the New Forest the other day. I just thanked them and moved on ... plenty of places where you can fly untroubled

Tbh how many flights over that area will you make ? I had someone complain about my flight in the New Forest the other day. I just thanked them and moved on ... plenty of places where you can fly untroubled
probably not again as i just wanted to try out getting this particular shot , as i said the guys a local jobsworth always moaning about something

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User