DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OK to upgrade firmware to v01.00.0500?

edmavic

Reactions
So i'm still on .0400 firmware with the Mini. Never bothered to upgrade to .0500 since my drone is working fine. However, I'm curious about the new manual camera settings.

Can anybody confirm that it's OK to upgrade to the 0500 firmware? Is the FCC hack still working? (I'm on iOS) Any disadvantages that I should be aware of?

This interests me too as I am in the same boat but my interest leans towards the motor speed warnings. Though have we missed the boat as I think 01.00.0600 is out there

I am on 01.00.0400 for the drone and the controller and 1.1.5 for the app
I currently have manual camera settings for ISO and shutter speed for photography but from memory not video

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running the 0500 firmware and haven't had any problems. I've been using it ever since I bought my MM about 5 weeks ago. I've never had a motor speed warning and don't know anything about the FCC hack. I don't have any complaints about the firmware, though.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
all up to date ,just did the 1.1.6 IOS app update that became available yesterday in the APP Store here in the uk ,not much change for the MM, mostly the way the battery life is displayed on the screen have yet to fly with it, but powered everything up at home and it all seemed fine

Go to the App Store and search for the Fly app. Once you find the app, it will probably say "Open." Let it sit there for a minute or say and "Open" will change to "Update," at least it did for me.
yes thats what i did i checked in purchases hit the Fly app and it said there was an update, after i had seen that it was out on the forum, sometimes it takes a while for the red dot update icon to appear by the app store widget

Ok so o could not resist. I updated firmware to 500 today and all works fine. FCC hack still works. This is on iOS 1.1.5.

This interests me too as I am in the same boat but my interest leans towards the motor speed warnings. Though have we missed the boat as I think 01.00.0600 is out there

I am on 01.00.0400 for the drone and the controller and 1.1.5 for the app
I currently have manual camera settings for ISO and shutter speed for photography but from memory not video
Curious, I don't see 600 in the latest release notes. Where did you see it?

I'm saying the official release notes on DJI site does not list it (at least yet)

True but I think DJI sometimes fail to keep all their webpages up to date.

t. I updated firmware to 500 today and all works fine.

One thing might be worth checking, did the battery warnig threshold increase to 30% with the uopdate? Likewise if you have ever run into it, did the minimum charge for take off threshold increase?
I updated yesterday and just noticed the patter seems higher than I remember.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair