DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OK to use the charging station

pilot1

Reactions
I have heard that the multi-battery charging station that comes with the Fly More Combo should not be used.
Is that still the case? If it is not OK to use, does DJI have a fix for it?

To avoid possible issues, it is recommended that you charge each battery for the first time by plugging it directly into the charger. That will both activate and charge the battery. After that, you can plug the charger into the multi charger hub and charge them using it.

This is new to me. Where can I find the information about this?
I follow.............

Last edited:
This new to me. Where can I find the information about this?
I follow.............

Plenty of posts on this forum regarding the issue.

Personally I'd just charge individually the charge bank doesn't charge them at the same time anyway well that's what I've found tried it once seems to change one at a time ...so why bother

Personally I'd just charge individually the charge bank doesn't charge them at the same time anyway well that's what I've found tried it once seems to change one at a time ...so why bother

the advantage is you don’t have to watch and change battery’s or run it while you sleep.

That is what it’s designed to do

just to be safe I charged mine individually and then have used the back for the next 2 charges, no issues

Reactions: CFWB
Sort answer: Yes, the hub is safe to use.

Long answer: As with anything on the internet take it with a grain of salt. Contrary to popular forum belief, not everyone that buys a DJI drone is a member here to document there experiences, hell some people here don't post much at all. There's good and bad with any product, not many people sit here and post the good, most times we only hear the bad.

DJI did not sell a couple of MA2 FM combos and had every battery go bad because of the hub, a few people have had a few bad experiences and want to make sure the world knows. I for one, initially charged all of my batteries using the hub and have gone between the hub and singe charging since then. I have had zero issues.

Forum logic is one person's problem account for thousands of failures, so get ten people with the same problem and boom, armchair engineers unite! Don't worry to much about it, use the hub, single charge, chances are your batteries will be fine either way.

I used the hub for first charge and have had no issues either. By the time I found out about it on the forum, I had already done it. I did make sure all the batteries firmware was updated though.

Reactions: hiflyer201
That sounds good, but what good is that if you place the batteries in the hub after receiving your Mavic Mini Combo, then start charging them and then carry out your first flight when the batteries are loaded, because you do not are informed?

I can assume that not every Mavic Mini user will first search the forum for such imperfections.
You can assume that after the necessary updates you normally have a ready-to-use and safe drone, or am I wrong?

It's a pain to single charge batteries but I read it here and on the forum and that's why I read the forum. Who knows..it could have worked fine the other way. We'll never know but why take a chance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus