DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Okay, now that the Mini 3 Pro has officially been released. Will you buy it?

Yaros

Reactions
I'm curious how many of you are interested in this drone.

Specs list:

Intro Video:

Reactions: Torque
It feels like a successor to the Air2 given its almost feature by feature match and greater endurance. Still, I'm not sure about buying it due to the mavic 3 blunder on gps, features, etc. It's also somewhat expensive by comparison.

Wait, WHAT?
Okay, this post has been moved to a different forum, but why did the poll disappear?

Wait, WHAT?
Okay, this post has been moved to a different forum, but why did the poll disappear?
I may be missing something, but I've never been able to create a poll in any location other than "General Discussions".

If there's a way to do that, I'd very much like to know what it is!

I think it can use the RC Pro controller. But the drone itself and 47 min battery are both not available yet until August. I’ll be interested in getting just the drone and some 47 min batteries so I can use it with my Mavic 3 RC Pro controller… doesn’t make sense at this launch to get the controller I don’t need included along with the lower capacity battery.

Reactions: WaffleCopter
I think it can use the RC Pro controller. But the drone itself and 47 min battery are both not available yet until August. I’ll be interested in getting just the drone and some 47 min batteries so I can use it with my Mavic 3 RC Pro controller… doesn’t make sense at this launch to get the controller I don’t need included along with the lower capacity battery.
From a business point of view, DJI certainly cares more about giving you the more expansive pack with the RCs rather than the "cheap" solo first.

August could also mean, upon this date, the RC Pro will be officially supported by the Mini 3 Pro and therefore further quantities available while already got the early adopters with the additional controllers.

Personally, I feel glad, because my SC is not worth anything with the later drones so I save money I thought I need to spend on the RC Pro.

I'll definitely be getting one, but not until I get the first paycheck from the new job that I don't have yet...which hopefully will be before August!

;-)

I was planning to get just the drone, since I have 3 Mini-2 controllers already, but after watching the Pilot Institute panel discussion, I'm warming up to the RC with the built in screen...even though it does have the screen in the wrong position relative to the control sticks...

:cool:

I am not buying another DJI drone until they fix the previews drone issues like the M3 and see all promised features happening.

I will, but I’ll wait a while.

Reactions: AnzacJack
I am not buying another DJI drone until they fix the previews drone issues like the M3 and see all promised features happening.
I understand, the M3 is still a letdown tbh.
Fine data but poor implementation, but it's DJI so chances are not too high that they really care rather than getting another bird into the sky.

The Mini 3 Pro at least for now features a more thorough concept regarding the price and features.

I'm curious how many of you are interested in this drone.

Specs list:

Intro Video:
I will wait a few months and decide but will never buy another Dji drone on launch.

I already did. I had a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller I almost never flew due to size (I travel a lot and its a hassle, yeah I know, it wasn't that large but was still enough to prevent me most of the time) and a Mini 2 I almost ALWAYS fly due to the size but miss the active track, focus point, hyper lapse, and obstacle avoidance features of the Mavic 2 Pro. One is already sold the other is going on Ebay immediately, to be replaced solely by the Mini 3 Pro and RC.

Reactions: Brojon
I will definitely wait then we will see whether to make this purchase or not ... for the moment I stay with my beloved Mini 2.

I have reliable information that this Mini 3 gets warm enough, like the Zino mini Pro? with display warning (drone processor chip overheated)

Screenshot (6).png
image taken from: Quadcopter News

Last edited by a moderator:
To each his own.

In the unscientific poll that I did here a while ago, the substantial majority of the Mavic 3 owners who responded are happy or very happy with their drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder