DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old but new.

Nersiple

Reactions
I'm of course new to this site and kind of new to flying drones. I used to own a Phantom 4 Pro several years ago but the size and complexity was too intimidating for me so I ended up selling and just getting a DSLR instead. After a bumpy road of life a lot has changed but the need to do photograph hasn't waivered. I had been away from the hobby for a couple of years and the pull to get back in was just too much. My only issue was I hate having the objects of modern day gum up the photos I take, powerlines and the like. So I took a gamble and bought the DJI Mini SE. I figured I could learn and not be intimated by something so small while getting some okay images. It worked! I played around with it so much that I began wanting something more, something much more. So I purchased the Mavic 3 about a week ago and have been loving it ever since. I'm having an issue or two with it now but I've been assured that it's a micro sd card issue.

The images I'm getting are some of the best I've ever taken with any device. So glad I got into this hobby and so glad it has rekindled my love for photography.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

You can share what issues you are having in the Mavic 3 help forum.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Nersiple.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I'm of course new to this site and kind of new to flying drones. I used to own a Phantom 4 Pro several years ago... I took a gamble and bought the DJI Mini SE. I figured I could learn and not be intimated by something so small while getting some okay images. It worked! I played around with it so much that I began wanting something more, something much more. So I purchased the Mavic 3 about a week ago and have been loving it ever since.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

As a New, Old Drone Pilot, there are a couple of Legal Things you may need to do… As some of these rules and Law may not have been around why you had your P4.

If you have not already done so, you will need to get your TRUST Certificate. You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…) . Your SE Drone weighs less than 250-grams (0.55 pounds) and you are flying under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you are not required to register your Drone.

However, your M3 will need to be registered, It's $5.00 to register and you can register both for the price of one when you fly Recreationally.

I registered my Mini 2 because the TRUST Certificate and FAA Registration established me as a "certified" Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Flyer.

Link to the TRUST Certificate at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…)

Link to the FAADroneZone (Optional Registration for Drones under 250-Grams…)

If you are considering acquiring your Part 107 License, here is a link to get you going…

Since you live in Georgia, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check the link below for all the Rules and Laws that are in effect in your neck of the woods and it also links you to some of the Best Places to Fly in your area… Also, if you travel on vacation, visit friends, and relatives in other parts of the country, check back here so you do not run afoul of the law.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini SE and the Mavic 3, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm of course new to this site and kind of new to flying drones. I used to own a Phantom 4 Pro several years ago but the size and complexity was too intimidating for me so I ended up selling and just getting a DSLR instead. After a bumpy road of life a lot has changed but the need to do photograph hasn't waivered. I had been away from the hobby for a couple of years and the pull to get back in was just too much. My only issue was I hate having the objects of modern day gum up the photos I take, powerlines and the like. So I took a gamble and bought the DJI Mini SE. I figured I could learn and not be intimated by something so small while getting some okay images. It worked! I played around with it so much that I began wanting something more, something much more. So I purchased the Mavic 3 about a week ago and have been loving it ever since. I'm having an issue or two with it now but I've been assured that it's a micro sd card issue.

The images I'm getting are some of the best I've ever taken with any device. So glad I got into this hobby and so glad it has rekindled my love for photography.
I can only tell you that you are the owner of a wonderful drone camera! I am on my 4th drone (Mavic 3) after loving and then selling the Mavic 2 Pro for several years. I was immediately impressed with the images that this camera puts out. I would only caution one thing...Please shoot in RAW and edit your images to get the maximal benefit from that great camera.
I use Photoshop (everyone please restrain yourself from Adobe-hate-ism)and Lightroom to take advantage of the new masking tool which allows me to correct the always present under exposure of foregrounds. This is especially true for most all sunsets and sunrises.

Dale
Miami

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

As a New, Old Drone Pilot, there are a couple of Legal Things you may need to do… As some of these rules and Law may not have been around why you had your P4.

If you have not already done so, you will need to get your TRUST Certificate. You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…) . Your SE Drone weighs less than 250-grams (0.55 pounds) and you are flying under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you are not required to register your Drone.

However, your M3 will need to be registered, It's $5.00 to register and you can register both for the price of one when you fly Recreationally.

I registered my Mini 2 because the TRUST Certificate and FAA Registration established me as a "certified" Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Flyer.

Link to the TRUST Certificate at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…)

Link to the FAADroneZone (Optional Registration for Drones under 250-Grams…)

If you are considering acquiring your Part 107 License, here is a link to get you going…

Since you live in Georgia, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check the link below for all the Rules and Laws that are in effect in your neck of the woods and it also links you to some of the Best Places to Fly in your area… Also, if you travel on vacation, visit friends, and relatives in other parts of the country, check back here so you do not run afoul of the law.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini SE and the Mavic 3, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…
Thanks for the info. Already taken care of. I made sure to register the day I got the drone and only flew it around the property until I could attach my register number to the drone. Thank you for looking out for me.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I can only tell you that you are the owner of a wonderful drone camera! I am on my 4th drone (Mavic 3) after loving and then selling the Mavic 2 Pro for several years. I was immediately impressed with the images that this camera puts out. I would only caution one thing...Please shoot in RAW and edit your images to get the maximal benefit from that great camera.
I use Photoshop (everyone please restrain yourself from Adobe-hate-ism)and Lightroom to take advantage of the new masking tool which allows me to correct the always present under exposure of foregrounds. This is especially true for most all sunsets and sunrises.

Dale
Miami
I shoot in both RAW and jpeg. RAW to do what you talked about and jpeg because I sometimes need to upload images right away. Right now I have an issue with shooting in RAW, I've already made a post asking for help but all signs are pointing toward returning this drone for a new one. I bought this drone refurbished, normally I have nothing but problems but decided to give it a go anyway...turns out I should have just bought new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy