DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old guy from Scotland says Hi

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Once the rain stops I intend to do that Thomas...Thanks for the welcome. Here's a clip thats not up to much..My first attempt

Hey after my third flight the quad started doing strange things and not responding to the controller properly. Might it have been I was too close to the large metal hanger doors? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the vid. Valiant first attempt. Look forward to more.

As far as the problems with the bird. Please post the details and kind of drone in the help section appropriate to your drone type. That will get you the best analysis.

Reactions: old man mavic

As far as the problems with the bird. Please post the details and kind of drone in the help section appropriate to your drone type. That will get you the best analysis.
Cheers

welcome to the forum old guy from Scotland from an old guy from Wales, yes you probably had some magnetic interference from all the metal in those hangers plus your car hope your drone didnt get too wet water and electronics not a good mix enjoy your new hobby yours OMM

Hi Old Guy from Scotland from Old(ish) Guy in Northumbria (also with Mavic Air) - currently we have gales or rain on/off here, so I'm a bit grounded ? You'd think it was autumn or something ... ? Quick query - you say from Scotland - yet Location says Cumbria ? ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Old Guy from Scotland from Old(ish) Guy in Northumbria (also with Mavic Air) - currently we have gales or rain on/off here, so I'm a bit grounded ? You'd think it was autumn or something ... ? Quick query - you say from Scotland - yet Location says Cumbria ? ?
Very slight exageration on my part . North Cumbria, Carlisle, 9 miles south of the border to be exact but spend the majority of my time in Scotland

Old guy from The Sierra Nevada (Truckee) says, “Hi!” back at Scotty. I’m old but new to piloting the Mavic drone... Danny
Hi Danny, welcome to flying and Mavicpilots. Enjoy your drone in amongst all that great scenery you have there. I'm totally addicted as I'm sure you will become. :)

A nice maiden flight I should say. Close shot over a tree, almost hit a bird and ending in the rain. Expecting more exciting videos from you in the future. Good luck.

A nice maiden flight I should say. Close shot over a tree, almost hit a bird and ending in the rain. Expecting more exciting videos from you in the future. Good luck.
Wow thanks..You make a rather dull video seem quite exciting. Much appreciated :) Once I get the hang of this thing it'll be used as an extra tool in my photography box :)

Reactions: cappellen
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Just noticed a stack of replies. I'd like to thank you all for the warm welcome. Although now 69 I'm still a practising wildlife film maker and nature photographer for over 40 years and am excited at the prospect of aerial footage greatly benefitting my films. With the friendly and positive attutde I have received from members from Mavicpilots I am really heartened to know that there is help when I need it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett