DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old Man in The Sea Air

idbDan

Reactions
Bought a Mini 2 today and thought I'd find a few forums to learn from.

I salt water flats fish on the southeast coast (USA) and use a drone for surveying the grass flats & channels for navigation and water depths. I use a poling boat and have gotten into some tough spots where tides have caught me high and dry. Not to mention, also getting lost. Been using my drone to eliminate that for about 3 years now. Poseidan reached up and took it to the bottom last week. He knew it was time for a better bird.

Looking forward to picking your brains for tips and tricks in getting the most out of this new bird.

Dan

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America idbDan

Nice to meet you Dan. 🤝

Looks like you're making good use of aerial reconnaissance missions for your other hobby. 🙂

Since you've been flying for a few years, you may have already taken the TRUST test.

Have fun and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your drone:
  • Download the DJI manual for your drone here (it doesn't come in the box). The manual is packed with lots of useful tips and will give you a better understanding of your drone's features.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the DJI manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Thanks! Miami .... just south of you is my favorite fishing!!

Fantastic, Welcome to the Mini 2 Adventures as this Forum offer a ton of inspiration.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain an Land on the Water
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. I have the Trust cert. Been building quads since 2009. This Mini 2 is my first "store bought".

welcome to the forum
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your drone:
  • Download the DJI manual for your drone here (it doesn't come in the box). The manual is packed with lots of useful tips and will give you a better understanding of your drone's features.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the DJI manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Great link list. Thanks!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I salt water flats fish on the southeast coast (USA) and use a drone for surveying the grass flats & channels for navigation and water depths. I use a poling boat and have gotten into some tough spots where tides have caught me high and dry. Not to mention, also getting lost. Been using my drone to eliminate that for about 3 years now. Poseidan reached up and took it to the bottom last week. He knew it was time for a better bird.

Looking forward to picking your brains for tips and tricks in getting the most out of this new bird.

Dan
Welcome.

Spent 5 winters fishing the shallows of Laguna Madre out of Port Mansfield TX for Reds, speckled trout & flounder. The tides will get you for sure although I was lucky. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to you from Houston. You live in a very beautiful part of this great country of ours. I also have a Mini 2, but a total “Rookie” when it comes to these amazing little machines. I am interested in building also, and it would be great to pick your brain and others on that subject one day.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! I am new member also. We shall learn together.

Dan

Poseidan reached up and took it to the bottom last week. He knew it was time for a better bird.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I am sorry to hear about your Mini 2, I have one and I think it's great, now you have to decide if upgrading or getting another Mini 2 is right for you…

You can also peruse YouTube with the search criteria "fishing with a drone"

Good Luck!

Happy Droning…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S