DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old Steam Locomotive (The Polar Express)

Well done - good sync with sound....

great i could feel the power and smell the smoke memories are great sometimes

Reactions: Cymruflyer
So how was the drone afterwards as far as soot etc getting into places ?
Was a pretty game thing to do sit there and wait to be enveloped :)

Couldn't see any diesel locos hiding in this video helping it along.

There was a diesel loco as the last "car" in the train. My guess is that it provides electricity to run all of the cars, plus it can be used as a backup locomotive if necessary.

As far as the drone and the smoke/steam, it was actually an accident. I left mavic in place and was also filming with a video camera in my hand and simply didn't realize mavic was about to be enveloped in smoke. There didn't appear to be any noticable effects or damage and it made for a very cinematic ending.

As far as the drone and the smoke/steam, it was actually an accident. I left mavic in place and was also filming with a video camera in my hand and simply didn't realize mavic was about to be enveloped in smoke. There didn't appear to be any noticable effects or damage and it made for a very cinematic ending.

It was certainly a great finale !

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for sharing. Love those old steam engines. Also loved the unattended smoke end transition. I might have to try that effect as a transition on some of my videos.

Reactions: old man mavic
I want to shoot more footage but This one runs a real limited schedule and half of those trips are in the dark and 50% of the remaining time it’s running backwards.

Plus it’s an hour drive one-way.

but I already scouted out better spots to film from And have been fantasizing about some cool new shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143