DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Older firmware can cause a fly away?

Meintheskytoo

Reactions
I did install an older firmware into my mavic for enable FCC
Dous that cause an fly away or not?
I did fly several flights with no problem and suddenly boom, the mavic pro 1 did take of of its own
After 20 metres high an total stop of the motors , fall down and broke.
The repair man said, only use the latest firmware, or your drone will crash.

If I have scrambled eggs for breakfast and get hit by a car on my way to work, can I then say I was run over because I had scrambled eggs?

Reactions: Flycaster
Whether using the latest firmware is best practice or not is a very contentious issue. Some people will only fly with the latest version (me for example) and others never update; preferring to trust the first version to come out.

Either way I’ve never heard of the failure to update firmware causing a crash with any Mavic.

Reactions: Thomas B
The repair man said, only use the latest firmware, or your drone will crash
Using the latest firmware is great advice for many reasons. However, preventing a crash is almost never one of them.

If I have scrambled eggs for breakfast and get hit by a car on my way to work, can I then say I was run over because I had scrambled eggs?
Only if you put ketchup on them.???

Reactions: Flycaster
Yes, the FDA came out last week about the scrambled eggs hazards.

I kind of doubt it. Post the logs and we'll find out what the AC was doing/not doing.
But for all 4 motors to stop, maybe a CSC, or battery/power failure??

Reactions: dawgpilot
i fly my mavic pro 1 on an old firmware and go4 on a later update with no problems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929