DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On 1.4.8 Fly app cannot get exposure lock by touching screen

gpanek

Reactions
Site
www.puresync.com
I have the Mini 2 and updated the DJI Fly app to 1.4.8 but most of the time when I touch and hold the middle of the screen to set the exposure I don't get the yellow circle. Instead I get the gimbal slider. Sometimes the exposure circle and slider comes up, and wont go away, but I cannot figure out what I'm doing different. And why would the gimbal slider come up upon just touching the screen anyway? Anyone else have this problem? I've tried tapping it and also holding it down for a couple seconds, in the middle of the screen to no avail.

Here is the yellow circle for setting exposure in screenshot. Seems to work on photo but not movie. I found that setting the EV does not lock the exposure in movie or photo, unless you are supposed to hold down the setting to lock it. Didn't try that. BScreenshot_20210713-084020.jpgut I use the fn button to lock/unlock.

You can adjust the EV in video mode &/or lock the exposure with the Lock icon.

There is no lock icon...I can only set exposure in auto mode but no where to lock it....

I think the only way to set it is to go into your settings under control and use button customization to set AE lock/unlock. Then it will be the little button at the top left of the RC.

Reactions: gpanek
So there is no way to lock AE then at all?
When I go into photo mode on my mini 2, I can tap the screen and a yellow circle come up where I can select exposure lock...but there is no indication that the exposure is really locked...Before in previous versions there used to be a little padlock so you actually had an indication that the exposure was locked or unlocked. Now in video mode I have the exposure set slider and when I may a selection on that it appears to stay on that when flying so does not auto exposure anymore, so its locked, but no indication that it is locked...when I tap on the screen there is no yellow circle/box to lock exposure...even when I select AE lock for the function button in the menu, that doesnt do anything....Im at a loss.

I think the only way to set it is to go into your settings under control and use button customization to set AE lock/unlock. Then it will be the little button at the top left of the RC.
Ive tried that mate, but again nothing happens...no indication if locked or unlocked..

Ive tried that mate, but again nothing happens...no indication if locked or unlocked..
Oh, I just saw the video on youtube showing how to do it for the new version 1.4.8. I never tried it yet. Hopefully DJI will fix it in another update.

Tap the screen while in photo mode, and the yellow circle comes up. Touch the sun symbol to the right of the circle and slide your finger up and down to find the exposure you want. Now touch the middle of the circle where the dot is and move your finger up, now a padlock symbol will appear. Slide your finger down to unlock the exposure setting. Only works so far in photo, not video, mode. This is on the Smart Controller, prob the same method on the stock controller.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa