DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On-going Magnetic interferance.

job996

Reactions
Ready to give up on this repeat issue. Had a returned (refurbished) Mavic pro from DJI and it has a constant isuue with Magnetic Int and App disconnected.
Tried the following without success:
-Firmware update/refresh through DJI Assistant 2
-Gimbal calibration
-Use a different compatible device
-Try to connect device using cable connection with RC

Does anyone know how to esculate this to DJI to get a new Drone? I have been sending them emails back and forward without a resolution, other than to send it back to them once again. I have Refresh, but really what is the point when I get a refurbed one back that is inferior to the brand new one I sent in.
The refurbed one I got from DJI has had nothing but trouble, including a jumpy gymbal.

Have you had other drones in that area? Is it possible there really is a source of electromagnetic interference? Is there some kind of transmitting antenna near you? Is there some kind of industry close to you? Do you see any dishes pointed across your area? You say "Had a returned (refurbished) Mavic..." Do you mean you just got a refurbished unit or you have one you had already sent back and this is your second? Did you try using it in another remote area or just there? What does "use a different compatible device" mean?

Reactions: Former Member
I h
magnetic interference is with the area you are trying to fly in,not a mavic problem[/QUOTE
I am in the Jungle of South Americ with nothing around to affect the Magnetic Interferance, hence the post!

how do you now whats under your feet?Have you tried different areas?

Have you had other drones in that area? Is it possible there really is a source of electromagnetic interference? Is there some kind of transmitting antenna near you? Is there some kind of industry close to you? Do you see any dishes pointed across your area? You say "Had a returned (refurbished) Mavic..." Do you mean you just got a refurbished unit or you have one you had already sent back and this is your second? Did you try using it in another remote area or just there? What does "use a different compatible device" mean?

Yes, this is the second Drone I have had here. It then got my brand new one replaced with a refurbished second hand one. The first Drone had no issues at all and there are no towers, dishes around. I am in South America. Before I left Cairns, Australia, I was on an isolated beach and flew it 2 kilometers out to sea and it continually came up with the same. I have tried different devices, ie: Iphone, Samsung 7 & 9 etc. New cables, dleted GO4 app, reinstalled. Nothing.

ok,now you state your original drone had no problems which you didn't say before,you make comments without giving complete history!

how do you now whats under your feet?Have you tried different areas?
We are in a really remote area, free of cables, any metallic substances etc. I have tried it at 5 different locations. Basically there is sand under our feet. It did it in Australia at different locations as well. Not a newbe with Drones, I have had them since the Phantom 1. Sometimes I think they have just got too technical.

ok,now you state your original drone had no problems which you didn't say before,you make comments without giving complete history!
It wasn't relevent!
If I had issues with the first Drone, I would of mentioned it.

sure was relevent,you are an old pro with drones,dji sent you a bad one,return it,end of problem

sure was relevent,you are an old pro with drones,dji sent you a bad one,return it,end of problem
Not keen on sending back to Australia from South America, only to get another refurbed one. That's the reason I created this thread to try and resolve it.

no one here is connected with DJI,you also said gimbal was acting funny.Didn't DJI tell you to return for replacement?

Ready to give up on this repeat issue. Had a returned (refurbished) Mavic pro from DJI and it has a constant isuue with Magnetic Int and App disconnected.
Tried the following without success:
-Firmware update/refresh through DJI Assistant 2
-Gimbal calibration
-Use a different compatible device
-Try to connect device using cable connection with RC

Does anyone know how to esculate this to DJI to get a new Drone? I have been sending them emails back and forward without a resolution, other than to send it back to them once again. I have Refresh, but really what is the point when I get a refurbed one back that is inferior to the brand new one I sent in.
The refurbed one I got from DJI has had nothing but trouble, including a jumpy gymbal.

You didn't mention it, but presumably you have tried a compass calibration. Have you checked the values in the compass interference section under sensors in the GO app? They should both be in the green. And have you checked see whether the aircraft orientation indicator arrow in the GO app is pointing in the correct direction, relative to north, when you power up the aircraft?

If none of those tests reveals the problem, then download a DAT file from your mobile device - it contains all the magnetometer and IMU data and should show clearly what is triggering the error messages.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
OP, it must be frustrating for you. You had a drone that didnt get interference, now the replacement one does.

Will it allow you to fly?
At what point do you get interference?
Does the drone ever circle uncontrollably?
Do you get any error messages?

The
no one here is connected with DJI,you also said gimbal was acting funny.Didn't DJI tell you to return for replacement?
Not asking for connections to DJI, asking for help in case someone has had the same issue. I am currently going back and forth to DJI to get a new replacement. Their reply is that it was a refurbished Drone as stated in the Warranty that has been tested and approved to send. Yes, they have said return it, but difficult being 17,000 klm's away!

The

Not asking for connections to DJI, asking for help in case someone has had the same issue. I am currently going back and forth to DJI to get a new replacement. Their reply is that it was a refurbished Drone as stated in the Warranty that has been tested and approved to send. Yes, they have said return it, but difficult being 17,000 klm's away!

When you sent your first one back, where did you send it from/to? Where did you buy the drone?

You didn't mention it, but presumably you have tried a compass calibration. Have you checked the values in the compass interference section under sensors in the GO app? They should both be in the green. And have you checked see whether the aircraft orientation indicator arrow in the GO app is pointing in the correct direction, relative to north, when you power up the aircraft?

If none of those tests reveals the problem, then download a DAT file from your mobile device - it contains all the magnetometer and IMU data and should show clearly what is triggering the error messages.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
Thank-you, I will download and post. The Compasses 1 and 2 show in green. I will try the direction indicator and let you know.

OP, it must be frustrating for you. You had a drone that didnt get interference, now the replacement one does.

Will it allow you to fly?
At what point do you get interference?
Does the drone ever circle uncontrollably?
Do you get any error messages?
It's strange, because everything is green ready to take off, then I will fly it and it comes up with Mag int, check App/error. No change in flight or loss of controls. I can fly it for full battery and it will not flyaway or lose control, just a continuous in and out of mag int, check app.

It's strange, because everything is green ready to take off, then I will fly it and it comes up with Mag int, check App/error. No change in flight or loss of controls. I can fly it for full battery and it will not flyaway or lose control, just a continuous in and out of mag int, check app.

That really sounds like it needs the DAT file to diagnose. And have you done a compass calibration?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54