DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the fence

Mrhook

Reactions
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum however not new to drones and RC in general. I am on the fence between the Avata and the Mavic 3. I currently own the Air 2s with the Rc pro controller but like some of the features, the Mavic 3 has to offer, Aperture. I have been an avid Amateur Photographer for years and I also fly Rc helicopters for the past 30 years. I only want to purchase one drone at this time so there ls a problem I have in making this decision. I know they are used for two totally different purposes but would like to know what others would buy first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the Air2S and are happy with it, the Mavic 3 might be overkill. I have a Mavic 3 and use it professionally. I also have a Mini 3 pro. the Avata is a different experience. I ordered one and am excited to get it. I view it as a new type of drone that provides a more imersive experience and the ability to fly in more challenging situations. It looks like a lot o fun....

People will gravitate towards whatever suits their needs or wants more.
You can't choose what's best for you on the basis of what others might buy.
No, however decisions could be altered through others experiences. With rc helicopters this has always held true. I will over time own both, just gaining info for now.

Reactions: LoudThunder
For fun, go with the Avata and use your Air2s for photography.

If you are unhappy with your Air2s as a camera, maybe look at the Mavic 3.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro, which has a variable aperture, and honestly I don't use the variability that much as I'm rarely shooting where it makes a real difference. (I shoot landscapes, mostly, so shallow depth-of-field isn't something I need!) I love the big sensor and dynamic range, but a variable aperture isn't as useful as I thought it would be when I bought the drone.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum however not new to drones and RC in general. I am on the fence between the Avata and the Mavic 3. I currently own the Air 2s with the Rc pro controller but like some of the features, the Mavic 3 has to offer, Aperture. I have been an avid Amateur Photographer for years and I also fly Rc helicopters for the past 30 years. I only want to purchase one drone at this time so there ls a problem I have in making this decision. I know they are used for two totally different purposes but would like to know what others would buy first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Forums are great for information and community, i appreciate everyone’s comments.

thank you all!!!
Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
Hard t say as others have posted. I’ve had many different ones
and loved them all. Am trying the Mini 3 Pro at the moment and after 2 flights I’m trying to dail it in but like it. Would rather have got the M3 but $$$$ is a issue at the moment and will go with what they come out with next year .Maybe a m3 plus or M4 😀
With what you have already and money is tight I would get the Mini3Pro. JMO.. good luck. 👍

Last edited:
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I fly the Mini 2 and have only a little bit of experience with a Mini 3 and Phantom 4, so I have noting to add to what has already been said by those whose opinions count… But I suggest you check out the Member's Map and you might find some new flying buddies…

Good Luck with your decision, it's almost like having a dime to spend in a penny candy store… Where do you start…

Happy Droning!

Thank you.
Keep the Air 2s and buy the Avata for fun. I have the Air 2s and FPV but the FPV I use for stress relief when I can.

Unless you plan on having a Visual Observer with you everytime you fly I would not go with the Avata.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I Agree with you on all counts. I’ve been shooting mid and large format photography for years on film (hasselblad 2.25 and 8x10 view cameras). Would like to have the better camera options of the mavic 3, but i think i would like to try FPV.
Man, I haven't touched a view camera since the 80s. I had an 8X10 (which was rarely used) and a 4X5, mainly for B&W architectural photography. I ran a giant process camera as well with a 4'X6' copy board and a 24" X 36" vacuum back. It also had an 11 X 17 and 8 1/2 X 11 projection back. Ah, the good old days of large format and hand processing. Welcome to the forum! Plenty of good advice to be had here.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr