DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On The Way To Mars

nice shoot !!!
yep Perseverance had some issues at launch and it is at "safe mode" as i know ....

I don't know how I got 4 photos up there, but here's another one from higher up 4E28DDA3-3AD5-48FE-93BF-1A35897151AA_1_201_a.jpegwith the horizon level. Don't forget it is carrying a Mini copter which will be the first aircraft to fly on another planet.

Last edited:
I don’t see it..
Remember in order to see it take off from the ground, I would have to had gone up just over 7,000 feet which of course we can't do. The ocean horizon on the right is about 23 miles away.

Last edited:
Cool photos!

All my life I've wanted to go to Canaveral to see a space flight.

I got to see one totally by accident. I forget which Shuttle mission it was but it was one that had been delay a bunch of times and I totally forgot about it. We happen to be at Disney when all of a sudden everyone turns east and I look around to see this huge plume of fire and smoke in the sky. The launch I'd forgot about had happened. Another time I didn't get to see it but I heard and felt it. I was visiting a friend that lives in Port. St. Lucie and sitting in his Livingroom when there was a loud "BOOM" that shook the whole house. It was the Shuttle's sonic boom on it's way to landing at the Kennedy Space Center.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I've seen almost every launch... Shuttle or Rocket since about 1997.

If I didn't have occasional seizures my dream was to be an astronaut.

I missed this today, as I was at work, so thank you! The saddest part is I work about 20 miles from Canaveral. I felt it, but couldn't leave my "post".

The RTH is going to happen but not with Perseverance. This rover will collect sample with a drill, the samples will be about 1/2 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long.
They will be left in a specific place to be picked up for a RTH by another spacecraft which should be launched 2026, or 28 and the return in 2031. I'll be 80 by then
so I hope I get to see it. Drilled from the bottom of a lake bed it should show signs of life, past or present Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Hauptmann
The RTH is going to happen but not with Perseverance. This rover will collect sample with a drill, the samples will be about 1/2 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long.
They will be left in a specific place to be picked up for a RTH by another spacecraft which should be launched 2026, or 28 and the return in 2031. I'll be 80 by then
so I hope I get to see it. Drilled from the bottom of a lake bed it should show signs of life, past or present Fingers crossed.
Hope FAA doesn't get upset because it's flying beyond VLOS. And those Martian HOAs....

Reactions: EricJT
Cool. nice to see a safe lift off. I saw a shuttle blow up, not cool.
Yes, I was on the beach and watched also, people around me were saying what was that. Having the knowledge of the flights
and following the space program from the start, I said, you just saw seven people die. Sad day indeed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas