DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One Mavic Mini, One Battery, and One Church.

SMLP

Reactions
So popped out today and wanted to see what kind of video I could put together just using one battery worth of fly time on my Mavic Mini with my limited flight skills.

I pick out a soundtrack first then edited to the length of that using Final Cut. I was using a basic ND filter but haven't done any colour correction (not got to that yet).

The total record time was about 25 minutes (2 flights) and the total edit time around 2 hours.

Please let me know what you think from my flying to my editing and use of music.

*EDIT - Added the actual video to the post ??‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: RkyMtnHigh and ven
You have a link ? ;)

YUP... adding a method to be able to view the video to the post would clearly be the first good bit of feedback.

Thanks ??

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Good flying there!

Just before the grammar and spelling police come and arrest you, you might want to change the St, Mary's to St. Mary's. It's probably some sort of crime that would get you 20 years. Also the other thing I would say is that I assume you used royalty free music? Check the terms of use, as normally they ask you to credit them somewhere.

I liked the choice of music. I liked the length of shots. Some people (me included) let shots go on for tooooooo loooooong on occasions. This is a personal thing, but I like to tell a story by exploring one area, then another. For example, I would have started with an opener of the general view (which you did), then the shots around the lower part of the church. Move onto the graveyard, then get higher and higher using any shots which would help to move between the sections as transitions.

Good flying, good music and well edited! :)

Reactions: SMLP
Good flying there!

Just before the grammar and spelling police come and arrest you, you might want to change the St, Mary's to St. Mary's.

I assume you used royalty free music? Check the terms of use, as normally they ask you to credit them somewhere.m
I would have started with an opener of the general view (which you did), then the shots around the lower part of the church. Move onto the graveyard, then get higher and higher using any shots which would help to move between

Good flying, good music and well edited! :)

the Grammar police have already been to touch... I got 12 years for good behaviour.

The music is royalty free but it is credited just in the description as per the licence but not in the video.

If I’m honest I would have loved to have a little less wind and a bit more time to get additional footage (Like some of the entrance of the church) to work with.

thanks for the feedback ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580