DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

one more at the beach

Ok, didn’t wish to be cryptic.

Would you like folks to provide some detailed feedback vs saying “nice image”? If “yes”, I’m always interested in first hearing from the person (That is you.) that provides their video or image. In most cases, folks like to know the camera settings, what they like and didn’t like, what they may do differently.

Hope this helps!

Well, I would have to go back to light room to Get the Info on settings and such. It is obvious that I really like low level photos. I rarly go much higjher than 50 feet. I dont think this has been edited and I know I could pull out more detail and color etc. I try to take a good picture and not rely to much on editing,. I am of the old school and take alot to get a few. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Maybe I will touch it up a bit and re post.

I think it depends on what you meant to portray.... the photo is excellent and somber.
I will have lightened it up a bit, but that’s just personal taste, and likely not your intent.

Mint!

Instead of typing out my suggestion, I pulled the image into PS CC, and used the "Dodge & Burn" tool. I used "Dodge" to lightened areas and "Burn" to darkening other areas. The use of dark and light helps pull the viewers eye into the image and add some depth and contrast. This is especially seen where I lightened the trees in the far background.

In the end, you get to be the artist.

Hope this helps? Explore using the "Dodge & Burn" tool in your images and see if there's an impact or not.

Beach Image Dodge_Burn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
I think it depends on what you meant to portray.... the photo is excellent and somber.
I will have lightened it up a bit, but that’s just personal taste, and likely not your intent.
Oh, I do agree, I could pull a little more life/light. Thanks. I do agree th at a little imput and /or suggstions would benefit everyone.

yOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT AND MADE ME THINK A LITTLE. i HAD SEVERAL OF MY PHOTOS PROCESSED INTO 8X10
AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE A TENDENCY TO MAKE EVERYTHING A LITTLE BIT TO DARK. i WENT BACK SEVERAL YEARS AND LOOKED AT SOME OF MY PRE MA DAYS AND REalized that i have always done that (why do I keep bumping the cap lock).
going to work on that. THANKS for your response.

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
yOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT AND MADE ME THINK A LITTLE. i HAD SEVERAL OF MY PHOTOS PROCESSED INTO 8X10
AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE A TENDENCY TO MAKE EVERYTHING A LITTLE BIT TO DARK. i WENT BACK SEVERAL YEARS AND LOOKED AT SOME OF MY PRE MA DAYS AND REalized that i have always done that (why do I keep bumping the cap lock).
going to work on that. THANKS for your response.
Welcome

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu